About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Please Pardon Our Appearance, While We Are Under Construction

You may notice that the Bird's Nest is going through some major reconstruction... Actually, my blog looks like a FAST DISASTER. My posts are all out of order and a total mess. This is because of  something that has recently been brought to my attention (See Jaycee DeLorenzo's Blog)

Even though you put forth a disclaimer or give credit/props to the photog,  and  even if you don't use your blog to gain a profit, it doesn't matter: certain pictures need to be removed (there go all of my amazing  shots of HJ!  Sigh..) from your blog if you don't own them. OTHERWISE YOU CAN BE SUED. SO, since I was ignorant of all this and did not realize it was a such a huge problemo, I have taken the necessary steps to eliminate all pictures from my blog that I or The Husband did  not take. Giant thank you to Jaycee, for the head's up, and posting some alternate sites/resources where you can obtain  pictures that are safe to post. I strongly encourage all of you to take down any pictures you don't own, before it's too late.

And, please, pardon our appearance while we are under construction- I have over 200 posts to clean up. It may take me some time, and a lot of my older posts may not make much sense without a picture to go along with them, but that's just the way it has to be.  I apologize profusely for any and  all inconvience this may have caused...and ask for your patience while I remove any images that should not be used. Thanks!



13 comments:

  1. It will look good when you are done!
    Think the only images I have are book covers, movie posters, and ones I've created myself. (Or ones people have sent me for guest posts.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not totally sure of all the rules, but I would rather be safe than sorry!

      Delete
  2. I've heard about this, and it's something I'm looking into. Your blog looks fine still, and I'm sure it will look even better once you've finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clare- I just heard this and was so upset! You know I'm not the most computer/blog savy person, so to be honest, I felt kind of stupid- I'm just glad Jaycee posted about it on her blog.

      Delete
  3. I think that although many people realise they shouldn't copy printed books or films, they don't realise that stuff on the internet is also subject to copyright. Maybe it's because it's so easy to click and copy we don't always stop to think about the person who created it.

    My husband is a professional photographer, so I'm careful to only use our photos, or ones I've gained permission to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patsy! Thanks so much for the follow. Yes, I'm ashamed to admit that I saw other people doing it, so I figured it was OK, and followed suit. Although I did this innocently, I was still in the wrong. Thank God I read the truth about it on a friend's blog, so I won't ever do it again.

      Delete
  4. Good luck, we'll be here when you get things all sorted out! I'm sure it'll look great.

    Also, I draw all of my own stupid pictures, so no worries unless I decide to sue myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pictures are phenom-I love them. You are VERY talented. Wish I could draw more than a stick fish! LOL

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a huge pain!

    It isn't something I thought about at first, but fortunately my blog is still pretty new, so after reading about this in a few different places, it is something I'll be aware of going forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kianwi-That's exactly why I posted this. I am still a relatively new blogger myself, and I would hate to see someone get jammed up because they didn't know!

      Thankfully most of the pictures I've used, I don't believe are in a direct violation, but I want to be ABSOLUTELY sure. So, from now on, y'all are stuck with my blurry/novice photog skillz, sorry. LOL

      Delete
  6. Summer is the perfect time to redo your blog. It's actually inspiring me to think about it for my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Johanna- I agree! I am looking forward to something fresh and new. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I heard about this a few days ago and have been in the process of removing photos from my own blog, too. I don't want to risk being sued again! (It almost happened to me once over a title for one of my other blogs.) Definitely better to be safe rather than sorry....

    ReplyDelete