About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, July 2, 2012

Liebster Award


Thanks again to Clare Dugmore and Jaycee DeLorenzo for gifting me this blog award. Here are the rules, as I understand them.

The Rules...
1. Post 10 facts about yourself.
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions to the people you've tagged.
3.Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you've tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!


OK, so ten facts about me:

1. I used to race stock cars.
2. I've never been to New Orleans,  but it's been a long time dream of my sister A and I, to plant ourselves at the Cafe Du Monde, and drink coffee and eat beignets until we burst.
3. One of the things I love to do, is tour houses (I could never afford to buy), online.  I could sit for hours, just looking at how the interiors are decorated and staged.
4.No matter how  late I stay out on a Saturday night, I ALWAYS go to church on Sunday.  
5. Teaching my daughter Faith how to make coffee, was the most self-serving (and best) thing I have ever done. LOL
6. We have three McDonald's in our general area, each run by a different manager. So my kids, my sister, and myself, have all resorted to refering to the McDonalds by the most politically incorrect way you could imagine: The Asian, The Mexican and The Gay. Our preference being the Gay McDonalds, because that kid never screws up your order, always makes sure he has fresh coffee brewing, and keeps the restaurant immaculate. We're  loving it! 
7. Before I met The Husband, I was engaged to a professional motocross rider. 
8. When I worked in PR, the big boss of our company, was an extremely devout Pakistani Muslim male. Being a loud, outspoken, Christian woman, who wears a ridiculous amount of make-up and  some questionable outfits, the other employees took one look and  judged warned me, saying I wouldn't last long, because there was no way he would ever listen to me. But as it turned out, he loved talking to me! He called me in his office to talk, almost every single day. He asked me my opinion on everything,  and listened intently whenever I gave it. We had a wonderful working relationship, built on trust and mutual respect. The very same people who "warned" me, started to take me aside and ask,  "How did you get him to listen, when you talk?"  HA!
9. I have no tattoos, but I beg The Husband (on a regular basis) to get one!! LOL
10. Mexican food makes my clothes shrink. Especially enchiladas, and chiles rellenos..and tostadas.

Here are the ten questions given to me:
1. Are you a dog or cat person?
Up until October this past year, I only owned dogs. But the minute The Husband rescued and  placed an eight week old kitten in my hands, I fell in love. My cat (Princess Filamena Joy) is quite possibly the most spoiled animal, in all of North America. And  I fully admit to becoming a crazy cat lady. :)
2. An asteroid is headed to Earth. It's going to strike in 24 hours, and there's no Bruce Willis and his oil crew to save the day. How do you spend your last day?
I would eat, drink and be merry with my family surrounding me.

 3. What's your favorite scent?
A fresh pot of coffee brewing. OMG, heaven!!

4. Spiders or rattlesnakes - which one is scarier?
Is this a trick question? Cause they both suck it. If pressed, I would have to go with spiders, cause I have had the worst experiences with those little bastards.
5. Worst movie you've ever seen that you still kinda love.
Kate and Leopold. It is bloody awful!  But it has Hugh Jackman in it. *Swoon* So, um, yeah. I watch that every time it comes on Lifetime.

6. Do you believe in Aliens?
Holy crap. If I did, it would just be one more phobia to add to my long list of fears. Sorry, but that's a negative for me.
7. Name one blog you consider a must-read?
Beer for the Shower. I frickin love those Beer Boys. Their cartoons are hilarious, irreverent, and absolutely brilliant. They never fail to make me laugh. And I love that.  
8. Book you're really looking forward to coming out?
Amy Plum's third in her Revenant series, Die for Me. Until I Die was the sequel, which I lurved, and  I'm "dying" to know what's going to happen next, in book three.
9. Favorite fictional character of all time?
This is a tough one. I have so many! Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy come to mind, but so does Bilbo Baggins and so many more. It's so hard to chose just one...
10. The top item on your bucket list?  To publish a book!

Here are the ten questions I have to send to you:
1. If you could go back in time and erase one day, what day would it be and why?
2. What is your favorite song/band?
3. What is the funniest thing you have ever done/seen?
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
5. Where is your favorite place to be?
6. What was the worst vacation  you've ever had?
7. Morning or night person?
8. Favorite meal/restaurant?
9. Where was the worst place you've ever had a flat tire, and/or broke down?
10. Do you think blondes have more fun?

And since we all know I have no clue how to tag people,  I will list 5 of you here, and you can all just consider yourself tagged: 

Ash-Matic Does Things
Functioning Insanity
Writing on The Wall
Kianwi- If you don't follow her yet, read the "Can You See Me" post. You will!
Ink in the Book

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! And thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! You're a daring one, racing cars. And no, blondes do not have more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I have kids, The Husband, and a sweet mini-van for my ride, I don't do it anymore. But the other day, when my daughter saw me out on the go-cart track, she said, "Mom, you're crazy! You didn't break the entire time. You smoked everyone!" Damn straight..

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your award...well-deserved! And thanks so much for mine! Not so well-deserved, but I'll gladly take it anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely loved your "Can you see me post". I couldn't agree with you more, and it was so well-written. Had to give you the award after reading that!

      Delete
  4. Loved your answers to my questions! Are you happy with the font in the header, or would you like something else? IDK why but it looks a little blurry to my eyes. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, but yes the words are a little blurry. You know me and my lack of skills, I thought I just did something wrong. LOL

      Delete
  5. First Congrats!!!

    Second...awe thank you so much! You really brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very welcome Eve! I love your blog/book reviews.

    ReplyDelete