About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Guest Spot/Interview with Faith, from Faith's A Foodie

Hey Everyone! In lieu of my Friday Fact or Fiction post, I'd like to introduce you to my favorite little foodie. She recently turned  11, which prompted a birthday full of surprises. One of those surprises was to stay at the Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant. Faith will be doing her own spotlight on Chef Carl Messick and the fabulous restaurant on her blog, Faith's A Foodie. Her post will be- ALL about the food- so you don't want to miss it! PLEASE check it out http://Faith'sAFoodie.blogger.com  For her guest/interview at the Bird's Nest here, she'll focus on the Inn.
Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant, 1301 Beach Avenue, Cape May, NJ
Jaybird: Good morning Faith!
Faith: Good morning Mommy. Oops, I mean Jaybird.
Jaybird: What was the best part of your stay at the Peter Shields Inn?
Faith: It's so hard to choose, there are so many amazing things I loved about the PSI. But my favorite would have to be the afternoon wine and cheese. (Even though someone wouldn't let me have a glass of wine, but made me drink the ice tea...)



Jaybird: Why am I not surprised it's always about the food with you?
Faith: Yep. I also loved the 24 hour concierge room, fully stocked with chips, soda, coffee, tea, juice, water and those COOKIES!

Jaybird: In your opinion, what makes the Peter Shield stand out from all the rest of the inns in Cape May?
Faith: First of all, those black and white awnings and the impressive long white columns on the porch. They are your first clue about  how the PSI stands head and shoulders above the rest. Plus, the  outstanding personal service can't be beat! The staff at the PSI are friendly and warm, and completely genuine. They make you feel welcome every second of your stay. Trust me, kids can tell when adults are being fake. Here, at the PSI, the staff embraces you from the beginning, right to the end. Plus, all of the little extras (like the afternoon tea, concierge room and super sized breakfast) are what make a big difference. The restaurant and Executive Chef Carl Messick is TOP NOTCH! Oh, and did I mention it's beautiful inside? The owner, Jeff, did an amazing job renovating the place. His attention to detail is fantastic. He found a way to have all the modern comforts, without taking away from the Victorian, old world spirit that is Cape May. I love that. 
Jaybird: What room did you stay in, and what was your favorite thing about it?
Faith: We stayed in Room 9, on the third floor. My favorite part about the room (besides it being so close to the cookies) was after schlepping around Cape May in the hot sun all day, I was tired, sore and wanted to relax. I couldn't wait to get back to the comfort of our room, so I could jump into the claw foot tub! I really enjoyed taking a nice, long, hot bath in it. (Thank you for refraining from taking pictures of that!)
Jaybird: One last question, was there anything you didn't like about the Peter Shields Inn?
Faith: Yep. I didn't like that I had to leave!!

This is Donna, who greeted us with a great big warm welcome and a grand tour of the PSI. The entire time we stayed, never once did I see her without that beautiful smile on her face!
Grand staircase, a bridal photo opp favorite
Second Floor Seating Area, looking out onto ocean
Close up of stained glass window on staircase.
Faith chilling in Room 9
On the stairway landing
Faith & Jaybird, at dinner

Happy 11th Birthday to my favorite blogger and foodie, Faith!
If any of my friends here on the blog-o-sphere ever find themselves in the Cape May area,  please visit the Peter Shields Inn, and make sure to tell them Faith sent ya!!





25 comments:

  1. Faith sounds like my kind of girl! As a fellow foodie, I loved this post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the food with that kid. I have no idea where she gets that from...he he he!

      Delete
  2. Near the cookies - that's important! Glad your daughter had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alex! She's one lucky girl. I think I enjoyed her b-day just as much as she did, if not more!

      Delete
  3. Looks beautiful! Glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was amazing. What a great time. Only drawback- it was 100% humidity outside, (if you can't tell from the bad hair) and a 100 degrees too. We would have posted/taken a whole lot more pics of the outside, if it was cooler. That's life in the summer, here at the Jersey Shore!

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a good time. Did you ask if the inn was open year round? I couldn't find that info on the website. I don't like to go with the summer crowds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- the Peter Shields is open year round. I can't wait to visit again in the Fall/Winter- when it's cooler and Chef Carl will alter the menu again for the season. Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  5. Happy Eleventh Birthday. Sounds like it was fabulous (from a fellow foodist, food lover, gourmand)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss Johanna! It was a birthday celebration I won't soon forget. Can't wait to go back down to the PSI and eat all of those delicious dishes again soon! -Faith

      Delete
  6. Jay, I love this post. You and your daughter look adorable together; you both look amazing. And Faith, for an eleven year old, you're so well spoken and articulate.

    The Peter Shields Inn looks amazing, and if I'm ever lucky enough to visit America, I'm adding it to my list of places I'll stop off at.

    Thanks for sharing this snipping of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Clare! Oh, how I hope you can make it over here one day-I'd love to introduce you to the Jersey Shore. The good, (Peter Shields Inn) the bad, (Hurricane Harbor nightmares) and the ugly, (SNOOKIE) of it all over here LOL!!

      Delete
  7. Wow. What a fun place for a girl getaway! That place looks A-MAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily- yes it was lovely. Nicest place I've stayed, in a long while. A new favorite of ours-Faith and I will be sure to keep going back again and again!

      Delete
  8. I would love to take my daughters there. Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing the pics and great to meet you, Faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilima- such a great place to visit. Perfect for a little mother-daughter retreat, girls weekend or a romantic get away. Cape May really has something to offer for everyone. We will stay at the Peter Shields Inn, from here on out. Loved it!

      Delete
  9. The place looks beautiful! What a wonderful way to spend your daughter's birthday with her. :) I'd love the room closest to the cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say enough about how they treated us! Such wonderful people to do what they did for Faith!!

      Delete
  10. Wow, what an adventure! I loved all the pictures, it looks like it was a beautiful place and like you had a wonderful time! I'm heading over to Faith's blog now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kianwi- thank you. It was a b-day she will never forget. I enjoyed myself just as much as she did, if not more.

      Delete
  11. WOW, that's quit an 11 year old you have there. What a fun birthday that must have been. Great review/interview Faith. Tell Mom, ah,I mean JayBird, she should have you stop by often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If you can, please stop by my blog, Faith's A Foodie and check out what we had for dinner! It was Ah-maz-ing. Best B-day Ever.

      Delete
  12. Fun interview! Love how the answer for dislikes was having to leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather-thank you so much! It was such a great place to visit. Definitely my first choice for an overnight stay in Cape May from now on!

      Delete
  13. What a gorgeous, articulate young lady! We should really talk about arranging marriages...sure it's frowned upon now, but what a clever girl...Mom would pick her!!

    ReplyDelete