About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 26, 2012

California or Bust Friday Fact or Fiction

Hey Guys!  Is it Friday Fact or Fiction time already? Man did this week whiz by! Thought I should mention I received an anonymous comment recently, about how I should be more careful because my posts are "rife" with spelling/grammar errors... Well I wanted to (1) apologize to everyone who is very offended by this and (2) Warn you that if you get offended easily, this is probably not the blog for you to be following.  LOL

I honestly do my best to proof read and not make mistakes.  But I'm not perfect, and I will most likely continue to make stupid mistakes. Quite often, due to the auto-immune disease I suffer from I have to try and think through some serious brain fog. I'm not making excuses, I just want you all to be aware of  this. At one point, I even considered giving up on my blog. But because of the support of the majority of my followers, I'm still plugging along. And here we are. So sorry to disappoint or offend you with my mistakes from time to time, but if you follow me, that's just the way it's gonna be :)

Now: It's Friday Fact or Fiction Time. This week's theme is:  California or bust. I love and miss living in California every day. I left my heart in San Francisco, for sure. But The Husband absolutely LOATHES the Golden State. He refuses to go back and won't visit with me. Here are three reasons that MAY or MAY NOT explain why he feels this way...

Me & my sister Adrienne hanging on Fisherman's Wharf.. I truly left my heart in San Fran!

#1. The Husband MAY or MAY NOT have been stationed out in the Mojave Desert, while serving in the Marine Corps. He was not very fond of the extreme heat. Considering he had to be treated for heat stroke three times since he had arrived, who could blame him?  Once, while he was recuperating from the heat in the med tent, he fell asleep. Abruptly, he woke from a sharp, stabbing pain, right in the heart. It was such a shock  and so painful, he thought he had just been stabbed! He yelled as loud as he could. A Corpsman came rushing over, eyes going wide.  The Doc pulled rank and ordered The Husband to stay very, very still. He MAY or MAY NOT have just been stung in the chest by a SCORPION!!
 Joseph Phelps in Nappa- hanging with my peeps. Who doesn't love Nappa? Come on!
 Back row: Terra, Jaybird, my BFF Rochelle, her hub Dean
Front row, sista Karen, my sista A, my Brother-in-Law Mike
#2. The Husband and his BFF Bryan, were driving their way from New Jersey to California, on what was supposed to be a kicked-back road trip and spectacular sight-seeing extravaganza. This MAY or MAY NOT have been the case, in every other State, until they arrived in CA. It was late, and the Hollywood Boulevard was not quite what they were expecting. First of all, the car coming at them,  had no headlights on. The Husband, thinking he'd be helpful, shouted out the window, (in typical Jersey Shore style) "Hey A-hole, put your lights on!" 

He thought nothing of it either, until he and Bryan sat idling at the next light. The car he had just passed, pulled a u-turn and was now behind them. The driver jumped out and put a gun to The Husband's head saying "Who's the A-hole now?"

Car-side view of Alcatraz

#3.   The Husband was on leave from the Marine Corps, and jumped at the chance to take a road trip to Venice Beach with a group of friends. He was just starting to unwind and relax by the beach, when he MAY or MAY NOT have witnessed a murder, not ten feet from his face.

OK,  there you have it. Please vote on which of these stories you think are either FACT or FICTION. I'll post the truth/answers on Saturday.

BTW, let me know what are your thoughts? California: YES or NO?

16 comments:

  1. I can't believe someone would leave a comment like that. That's absurd. I love your blog, you make it so entertaining and fun, and I can honestly say I have never once given thought to your spelling and grammar. Clearly that means it is NOT rife with errors. So just try to let that one slide right on past you!

    I would say number two is true. It's hard, they all could actually be true, but that's my guess.

    I love California! The variety in landscape can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support. I have gone back through quite a few posts where I have made some colossal mistakes in spelling and word usage. But what are you going to do? Can't be perfect all the time. :0

      Thanks for participating.

      Delete
  2. Maybe the anonymous person is just trying to be helpful, but I think it's kinda lame and wouldn't worry about it. I love your blog and agree that if you get offended easily, you probably shouldn't be reading it. Haha.

    I sure hope all are false because hello? I wouldn't want to go to CA if any of those happened to me either. I do love Napa though, I was just there this spring for a crit partner retreat and can't wait to go back.

    I'm gonna guess True-False-False.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt that Anon. was indeed trying to help. I didn't think he said it to insult/hurt me. I should have added that the comment also said they would return to my site. (How sad is it that I automatically label Anon a HE? LOL)

      Some things, I can guarantee (like me making mistakes) won't change. And honestly, if that's not something he can't overlook, I guess this isn't the blog for him to follow.

      Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't worry about the anonymous Jay. You didn't ask for the unsolicited advice, and they didn't even have the guts to leave their name, so you could reply to them. It sounds like they're just being nit-picky for the sake of it.

    I know for me, I don't come on your blog for perfect grammar and spellings, I come because I find you genuinely interesting, and then things you write amuse, move or inspire me.

    I will keep following, and enjoying, your blog regardless of spellings and grammar.

    As always awesome fact or fiction stories. You tell them in such a way that I cannot work out which is real, but I hope none of them were, all situations sounds kind of scary. Though I'm sure your Marine Corp Hubby handled himself though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare- Honestly, what would I do without you? You are always my strongest defender and I LURVE you for it!!

      Yep, The Husband can hold his own. Tune it tomorrow to see which of these things really happened...

      Delete
  4. First, of COURSE that person who left the comment left it anonymously. A-holes are always anonymous. Second, I think the stories are true except the headlight flashing one. That's an urban myth. Thirdly, there is a comfy spare bed in California any time you want to come visit. It's a two hour drive to SF and I am in the bay all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Thanks for the invite. You are all kinds of awesome. I love that you live in the Bay Area. My bestie lives in Brentwood and I am LONG overdue for a visit.

      It would help if The Husband was on board with me visiting..alas, because of one or two or all of the above reasons, he HATES CA and refuses to come with me. Boo.

      Delete
  5. Really hope the first one isn't true!
    And I'm not offended by mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! You're the best. I'm always happy to see your comments. Thanks for always participating.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness! I hope the last one isn't true! How frightening! (Although I'm sure he would have handled it better than I would have!) ;) Actually, they're all frightening. . .I look forward to reading the answers!
    My husband was stationed in California for awhile, too, and he has no desire to go back either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can handle himself, that's for sure.

      Check out my answers tomorrow. If your hubs was stationed in the Mojave too, I'm sure he has own reasons to not love the desert either.

      Delete
    2. Eh, mainly my husband is just boring and doesn't like to go anywhere! He spent a lot of his time in the Marines in Hawaii and he doesn't want to go back there, either. :-P He stinks.

      Delete
    3. No Hawaii? Ugh. That would be more painful than no California!! We LOVE Hawaii. My kids beg us daily as to when we can go back. The are always plotting ways to get us there. LOL

      Delete
  7. Considering I don't know where the commas go, I'm never offended by another's mistakes, actually I generally don't even notice.

    CA - a fun place to visit, but I'm not sure I could live there. Did I just say that out loud?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm so guilty of random comma placement. Honestly, I don't ever care if someone makes a mistake, it barely registers if what they wrote is compelling enough for me to read on! Thanks for participating.

      Delete