About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 28, 2012

California or Bust, Fact or Fiction ANSWERS

If you didn't get a chance to read my Friday Fact or Fiction post, titled  "California or Bust" you should shoot back over there now,  before I reveal the answers here. Otherwise, this post won't make much sense. (Not like that's so much of a change..muahh!)

#1. FICTION.  Although I have to admit, there are many elements of truth to this story. First of all, The Husband did spend time in the Mojave Desert while serving with the Marines.  He had some special Nuclear, Biological and Chemical  Warfare training there, as well as some AT's (annual training). He hated every second of the extreme heat and spent many "Black Flag" days (120 plus), under the weather. Personally, he never got nailed by a scorpion, but it was a genuine concern and did happen while he was stationed there. Apparently, it was more likely for someone to get stung in bed, as the scorpions liked to crawl up and get inside their sleeping bags, at night. UGH.

#2. FACT. I'm sorry to say, Sporkgasm, unfortunately, in his case, this was no Urban Legend. The Husband did throw an insult at someone out the window of his truck, and paid for it dearly at the next light. The only thing that "saved" him, was that when it happened, about ten security guards from several of the hotel lobbies nearby, rushed over and surrounded their vehicle. With so many witnesses around, all trying to talk him down, it was enough of a deterrent for the gentleman to put his gun away and take off.

After he was out of danger, The Husband and his BFF pulled over and spoke with some of the security. They brought him something to drink, and worked on calming them down. The hotel security  told The Husband he was so lucky they came out when they did, because there had been several shootings in that same area, over the past few weeks. Someone was looking out for him that night, for sure!

#3. FACT. YES! For the love of God, unfortunately, this is also true. Not something he ever likes to talk about much either. So I won't get into the details, but it did happen :(

SO, every time I say "Let's go to California!" You know why I am met with resistance. All of the above reasons are shouted from The Husband as to why, he would rather NOT go, ever,  ever, again. It just brings back bad memories and he doesn't believe it's "safe". No amount of pleading, arguing or trying to rationally discuss this with him works either. I've tried. 

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend- Thanks again to all of you crazy people who follow my blog, and keep on coming back and participating in my "Friday Fact or Fiction" posts. Thanks for commenting and making my day ~ Jaybird

12 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Okay, now I don't want to go there either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he needs to go back, just to overcome what he went through before, and for some closure... And to see CA from a fresh perspective. But, I don't see that happening anytime this century.

      Delete
  2. Holy crap! That is scary stuff. Thank goodness for those security guards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever The Husband tells this story, he always stops to praise how brave and amazing he thought those security guards were. He knows if it wasn't for them, he'd have been toast!

      Delete
  3. I was completely wrong. I can't believe how many crazy stories you have, Jaybird. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really count these as mine, cause they all happened to The Husband, but yeah, the crazy stops here. LOL

      Delete
  4. Wow, that second one is horrifying, and also why I keep to myself when I'm driving. I like not being shot. Also, I like how he said, "Who's the asshole now?" Well, since you're the one holding a gun to someone's head, I would say you are STILL technically the asshole, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely changed how The Husband conducts himself on the road! His actual response to the "Who's the asshole now?" question, was "That would be ME." LOL

      Delete
  5. Holy carp! The fiction was actually the tamest story.l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always say the statement "truth is stranger than fiction" is definitely true in my case! Thanks for participating Faraway.

      Delete