About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, July 6, 2012

Birthday Fun and Surprises To Come

Please excuse the confusion on my part, I was totally thinking it was Thursday, (don't ask me why) and I had another day before I  post my Friday Fact or Fiction bit- You see how addled my brain is at the present?  So, please forgive me my brain fog and read this very exciting all  FACT post instead.

I'm SO excited  for my daughter Faith, because The Husband just worked some serious magic! (And a couple of hotter than Satan's balls over-time shifts) to try and make up for  the lack of fundage for her birthday celebration. ..

Many of you know (because I have whined long and hard about it here) about my lamenting over not knowing what  to do for my girls birthdays on a budget...meanwhile, that Wile E. Coyote Husband of mine was working on his own surprise.  Yes, we are still having the scavenger hunt, pizza, spa treatment, sleep-over party with the kids friends, (thanks to all of you who gave me such AWESOME ideas/suggestions) however, The Husband has something really special planned for Faith.



We are going to take her out to dinner to a special restaurant she has been buzzing at us to take her to, for a couple of years now. It is high end, (and pricey for us common folk) but it has a menu she has been talking about and dying to try! Cause, my little Faith has a very diverse palette for a soon to be eleven year old.  Faith IS a die hard Foodie. She even has her own blog, called Faith's A Foodie. Which I comment on, from time to time. Feel free to follow her if you'd like. (She would be thrilled to have more than four followers that don't include her Aunt and mother.)

Here  is a picture of one of my favorite recipes she created and posted over at Faith's A Foodie: Spinach, Garlic and Provolone Stuffed Chicken. YUMMY
Not low-cal, but delicious.

Anyhow, her dream is to become a chef/food critic one day, and she has begged wanted to visit this restaurant, for a long time, to see if it will live up to all of her expectations. It's called The Peter Shields Inn, in Cape May, New Jersey.  What she doesn't know, is that the owner, (JEFF YOU ARE A ROCK STAR) after speaking to The Husband, is actually going to take my little girl INTO THE KITCHEN!! She is going to loose her ever loving mind. But shhh, it's a surprise!

I will, no doubt, have lots of pictures, stories,  reviews and comments, after this all goes down. And by then, it will be August, and Farrah's turn. Hopefully, by then, that magical Husband of mine will have another rabbit to pull of his hat, just in time for her birthday.  She wants to be a Marine Biologist. Hmmm, anyone  have ideas for that?

16 comments:

  1. That is awesome. She will never forget that experience. Be sure to tell us all how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to go myself! I am so happy for her. I know she will never forget it.

      Delete
  2. What an excellent surprise! Happy Birthday Faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie! Can't wait to see the look on her face. It will be priceless.

      Delete
  3. Oh my god, what an amazing husband. Bless his heart for doing that. It sounds like she'll love her surprise - and can I say how awesome it is that Faith is so much into food at nearly eleven. Hope you all have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe he didn't tell me- I guess he didn't want to disappoint if it didn't work out, or he couldn't scrape together enough cash to go. But I am truly excited and can't wait surprise her! It's like I'm the kid. Which is about right..because Faith is much more mature than I am, LOL

      Delete
    2. LOL It's awesome that he did that, for her, and for you too. He sounds like a great guy. Did you tell Faith? How excited is she?

      Delete
    3. All we told her was that we were able to obtain reservations, for her b-day. She does not know that there are several surprises in the works, for her that night! It's killing me to keep my big mouth shut about it too- LOL

      Delete
  4. So glad it's going to work out and you can do her birthday up right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! I'm so excited I can't stand it. I can't wait!

      Delete
  5. That's so awesome! What an amazing expirience that will be for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel- she is totally going to flip her lid when she goes into that kitchen!! Can't wait.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I never imagined an 11 year old would have a more sophisticated palette than I do! Your daughter is quite something...I just checked her blog and I love her! How exciting that you and your husband are able to do this for her. I can't wait to read her review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kianwi! She is quite the little foodie- every Sunday night, she likes to play "restaurant" and she cooks for the family. And whatever she cooks, never ceases to amaze me. Cause I didn't really teach her anything but the basics, and this kid can throw down! I think The Husband prefers her cooking over mine (and I don't blame him one bit) because she puts SO much effort into what she makes. I tend to throw dinner on the table like it's a chore, with zero flourish. LOL

      Delete
  7. Your daughters sound awesome! and I'll have to pop over to Faith's blog for foodie goodness. I'm so glad that you and your husband are conspiring for an awesome birthday.

    As for Marine Biology daughter, have you checked out some of the community education outreach run by the "Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine REsearch Reserve"? http://www.jcnerr.org/education/publicprograms/index.html I'm sure the program might even have a few biologists who might be willing to chat with a girl interested in this awesome STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) career! Their interpretive center, alone, sounds like it would be awesome to visit (we had a barrens center in back of our high school :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Issy- How's this for coincidence, I just read your comment, and guess where I'm headed this morning? Jacques Cousteau! My girls attended their summer lecture series/program last year- and couldn't wait to go back again this year! They absolutely love it. I have several friends who are Marine Scientists, who gave me the head's up about this program and added me to their mailing list. But thank you so much for the information- because this outreach/educational series is absolutely right up their alley! And exactly what they are interested in; especially Farrah!

    She told us when she was three years old, I wannna be a "ma-reen biliogist". The Husband and I were shocked, and asked, "Do you even know what they do?" She replied, "I study the tides and the ocean and all the marine life that lives inside it. That's what I'm gonna do." We were blown away! I have done everything I can to keep pointing her in that direction, ever since-

    Thanks again Issy- and Faith will be thrilled to get more followers. You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete