About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 11, 2012

Top Four Reasons Why I Will Never Wear My Brand New Polka Dot Shirt Again

#4:Comment from my sister,

"Did Mommy buy that for you?"

#3.Comment from my daughter,

"I'd rethink that shirt.."

#2.Comment from one of my gays,

"Oh, sweetie, NO."

#1.Comment from A PERFECT STRANGER,

"Aw, when's the baby due?"

Here I am below,  in the offensive polka dot shirt. I wore it on a field trip to the NYC Science Museum with my daughter Faith. Take a good look people, because I will NEVER be wearing it again.

Ladies, let me know if anyone needs a new maternity top...this one is up for grabs :)



20 comments:

  1. OMG, you should SEE what I just posted! Looks like we're both having wardrobe malfunctions today except, honestly? You really do look terrific and young and fresh scrubbed in yours. I just look cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your post, and your shirt! I propose a trade. I would much rather look cheap, than preggers, when I'm NOT! LOL

      Delete
  2. Awww. I love that picture. And I think the shirt looks great. People are just stoopid. :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute picture! Yet any one of those comments would make me immediately stash the shirt away in the dark depths of my closet or hand it off to Good Will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. And, believe me, I will find it a good home, just not mine. LOL

      Delete
  4. Oh, you look nice. :) Today, while looking at an old maternity pic of me, my 7yo said, "mommy, I miss your big belly." Then she came over, patted my stomach and said, "I guess it's still pretty big." So, yeah. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah,Rach-the wonderful things our kids say!

      If I ever master any self-confidence in my appearance, I can always count on my kids, to thoroughly and quickly snuff it out.

      Delete
  5. I think the shirt looks great, and I think it is a wonderful picture.

    But then again, I have terrible fashion sense. I overlook things such as "offensive" shirts and instead notice weird things like the fact that the design on Faith's shirt seem to match the trees in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, never would have noticed that before and it is really cool. Makes the whole picture take on a whole new vibe. Self-obsessive much? LOL Thank you for pointing that out.

      Delete
  6. Okay, I am failing to see what is wrong with that shirt! I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, but thank you. I'll take the compliment, need it after all the ego blows.

      Delete
  7. I agree with Kyra. That shirt is fine, and you look fantastic. I got the "aw, are you having another one?" comment once. I think a lot of time posture and how you're standing can make you look pregnant when you're actually not. You do not look pregnant in that shirt at all, actually, you look amazing in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, Clare, you are too kind to me. Thanks for always making me smile :)

      Delete
  8. Aww, I think you look beautiful! Screw everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaycee! And that's exactly what The Husband said...but he doesn't even look when I ask, "Does this outfit look ok?" LOL He will always say I look nice, even when I first wake up, so, I don't really count his opinion anymore.

      Delete
  9. *giggles* OI! I LIKE the shirt, but yeah... I can see how those comments would do that... My daughter would redress me every day and my husband any time he is going to be seen with me... I apparently have no taste whatsoever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughters always want to redress me, or re-do my hair. I'm like their giant-sized Barbie Doll! Honestly, their fashion sense trumps mine, so I usually listen to them, LOL

      Delete
  10. I suck at fashion, but if you want the advice of a huge group of big gay bears, I can get my brother-in-law and all of his gay friends to judge you. You know, so you can hear a chorus of lisping lumberjacks cry, "Oh, gurrrrl, what are you THINKING?"

    (I make them dress me, because, well, they're really good at it)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL- love that you would loan me your "gay bears"!

    I have my own power gays as I like to call them, that live in NYC and are all "stylists"...when they give me fashion advice, I listen. That shirt, like them, is no longer in the closet!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete