About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Moving on Up Friday Fact or Fiction Answers


As always, thanks to all of my followers who faithfully comment and keep coming on back to hear all about my crazy life. You guys are the bomb. Thanks for hanging with me!! If you didn't read yesterdays Friday Fact or Fiction post, you might want to go back and read that first, before I list the answers here.


#1. FACT. I hated to even type about this experience, because it makes me cringe just thinking about it. When The Husband and I freaked out on the  realtor, she claimed that everything would be taken down and cleaned up, before closing, and it shouldn't prevent us from buying the house we really wanted. She went on to "reassure" us that the homeowners apologized profusely, and claimed it was all set up by their teenage son and his friends, as a joke.  To be perfectly honest, it didn't matter what kind of explanation they tried to come up with about that hell basement, because there was no way The Husband or I wanted any part of that house, EVER again.

#2. FICTION. Gotcha! No part of this story was true. The woman who sold us our house, couldn't run away from it, or her husband, fast enough! LOL


#3. FACT.  The Husband and I did tour at least 150 homes, in three different states, (NJ, PA & MD) before we could agree on one. (Does this really surprise you? LOL) The "red neck house" as it was dubbed hence forth, was the beginning of the end. After that debacle, the fight went right out of me. The skid drawers, on the floor, did me in! I  couldn't even muster up the energy to tour another house. I didn't even look at the house we actually bought, until The Husband put a bid in on it.

Thanks for all of your participation. Hope you all have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. LOL, well I am rubbish at this game! God, it's scary that story number one really happened. I'd have been a little suspicious about that "reassurance"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! There was no way to fake that God-awful smell. I just didn't buy it.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear Lord! That's crazy! Yeah, I think I would have been done, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -Wouldn't believe it myself, if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Ack!

      Delete
  3. OMG -- I don't know which story scares me more! The Satan House or the Red Neck House! Shudder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG the Hell basement will haunt me FOREVER, cause it's been years and I can remember every detail, just like it was yesterday! SO creepy.

      Delete
  4. House hunting is exhausting! I'm glad you finally found one that works for you both! And I'm REALLY glad you didn't end up in that first house *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't have to be so difficult, but of course, having two people as opposite as The Husband and myself, made it much harder than it should have been. Narrowing down which state/area we wanted to move to, before starting to look, would have been the smarter option, LOL

      Delete
  5. Wow, I guess I'm lucky that I only had to look at 10 or so houses and none of them were this scary. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what most normal people would do. Of course, The Husband and I are NOT, normal. LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh my god! I'm slightly freaked out number one was real. I wouldn't care if it was a joke/ prank either, I wouldn't have lived in that house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still don't completely buy into their explanation. That place just oozed "evil". The Husband does not spook easily, and he was completely FREAKED by it.

      Delete
  7. And here I was annoyed at having to look at three houses in one state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three? WOW. We toured, on average, ten or so a day. Sometimes we would just drive by a house and not get out. Like when we caught a glimpse of the neighbors, we knew we WOULD NOT want. (Maybe that's what you should have done) Ha ha ha.

      Delete