About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Blog Hop Entry

Here is my Entry to Victoria Smith's and Jaycee DeLorenzo's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Blog Hop! Thanks for hosting this ladies....
This is my MC, Jenny Cardinale: from my "Breaking Cardinale Rules" NA paranormal romance
"Hey Jenny-girl, if we're gonna do this interview or whatever, let's make it quick. I got more important shit to do and I don't want to be late picking up Patty for the Pride Parade." 

"Yeah, sure. How's it going with you two?" Jenny asked, plopping herself down on her narrow dorm room bed.

"Epically awesome. But this ain't about me. This is supposed to be about you. So, first question, why are you so blind and freaking naive when it comes to men?"

"Uh, what?"

"You heard me! What's up with your crap taste? I mean, besides the fact that they are all MALE, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"I don't have bad taste! Ben's amazing. He's on the Dean's list, Captain of the hockey team, affluent, popular, funny, not to mention he's absolutely gorgeous! Do you know how many girls would kill for a chance to go out with him?  Really Sandy, what's not to like?"

"He's a knob. And I don't trust him, at all. There's something about him, I just can't put my finger on it..."

"It's called a penis! Come on, Sandy, just admit it, you've never liked any of the guys I've dated!"

"Damn straight. None of them deserve someone like you. You are too good for all of  'em,  especially Ben the Ballsack. Okay onto the next question,  boxers or briefs? Cripes, who comes up with this shit, anyhow?"

"Hmmm. Boxers. Definitely boxers. Remember the other night?"  Jenny blushes, just thinking about how she and Sandy caught a glimpse of one very delicious Ben, standing in the locker room in his boxers, after his hockey game ended. His chest muscles glistening with a sheen of sweat and his rock hard abs tapering down into...

"Aw, man! Why did you have to go and remind me of that?  It's gonna take weeks before I can burn the image of your boy wonder in his drawers out of my mind! Some things just can't be unseen, ya know?" Sandy covered her eyes and spun herself around and around, in our desk chair.

"You're completely bananas, you know that?"

"I believe that's been well established. Ready to move on?"

"Yep."

"What's the one thing you believe can tell a lot about a person?"

"Definitely their eyes. I  can see so much by looking into them!"  Sandy doesn't know this, but I could see EVERYTHING by looking into them. Like all the way into their souls, and what demons they have clinging there...but I couldn't tell her about that. As much as I care about her, I just can't talk about it, with anyone. But that's why she's never understood my dating choices. I never judged someone by how they looked on the outside, cause it didn't matter to me at all. I just counted it  a giant bonus, my new boyfriend Ben, just happens to look like a Viking God!

"Seriously, J? Their eyes?  That's your answer? What total BS! All I ever catch you checking out is their feet. You NEVER look people in the eyes!"

Figures she'd noticed. That girl misses nothing I do. Dang it, how do I explain myself, without outing my freak factor?   "Um, everyone knows the eyes are the window to a person's soul."

Sandy eye-balled me with laser precision. "Mmmm hmmmm."

Somehow, I got the feeling, my very suspicious and over-protective friend, might know more about things than she let on.

"All right Cardinale-interview time is up. Time to party. Come with me and Pats to the parade." She jumped up out of her  chair, and rolled her neck, from left to right, making a popping sound. Then she started to shadow box with me. This was a familiar gesture, and it comforted me. 

As I dodged her left hook and went for an uppercut, I said, "I'd love to, but I'm meeting Ben in the student center. Gotta bone up on my Algebra."

"As long as that's all you bone up on!" She yelled, while placing me in a one-armed head lock, and shoving my head down onto the bed, royally messing up my hair. "You're moves are always too predictable."

 "And you're always doing something crazy." I said, spitting hair out of  my mouth, regaining my breath, trying to recover my balance. She reached out her hand, and helped me back up. Then she grabbed a brush off of my shelf, and sat down behind me.

As she brushed and then carefully re-braided my long, dark hair, she said,  "I  know I'm a crazy over-protective bitch Jenny, but you mean the world to me. You are too sweet, too kind, and forgive me, but super naive. College is a whole different ball game sweetie. You need to stay on your toes, and keep your eyes wide open here. Please, promise me, you'll be careful with this one, because I love you to death, and I don't want to see you get hurt. Pinkie promise, kay?"

As tough as Sandy was, looking up and straight into her eyes, revealed how vulnerable she really was, and how much she did care. I put my pinkie out to hers, and we shook, just like we used to, when we were kids.  Back before I was a freak, and I could see so much more in people's eyes than I ever wanted to.

"I promise.  And, Sandy, I love you  too."


* I'm going to finish my entry with a song that I love and fits. Now I'm off to read all of  the other entries. Happy Blog Hopping!

44 comments:

  1. NA PNR? A sweaty hockey player? I'm there! :D Nice work, Jaybird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. Hope I did not offend you- not too many male readers around here :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice here Jaybird! I'm loving the interaction between besties here! It's great to have a friend who will look out for you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure- thanks for hosting another great Blog Hop Victoria!

      Delete
  4. The penis comment about had me on the floor! Literally. This was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle, glad I could make you laugh!

      Delete
  5. Great! Friendships like theirs are one in million! And I love the eyes part. One of my characters has amazing eyes, too, and they see more than than the average eye sees, too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it- Thanks for commenting Ink!

      Delete
  6. "It's called a penis!"

    Holy hell, I almost fell off the couch I was laughing so hard.

    Great interview, sweetie! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl- glad I could make you laugh. And thank you for hosting another fun Blog Hop- you and Victoria are the bomb!

      Delete
  7. Fab, fab, fab! Both of these girls ooze personality, I love them already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra- so glad you enjoyed it and my characters personalities. :)

      Delete
  8. This is some great dialogue. It was fun while giving me tons of insight into both their personalities. LOVED it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brinda- I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  9. Sandy had me cracking up! Their relationship reminds me a bit of my heroine and her BFF. It's always great to have one friend who will keep it real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer- thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked it. And friends that keep it real, are the ones I like best! I don't like fakes.

      Delete
  10. Their individual voices come out very clearly! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rach- I hear those voices in my head, sometimes it's hard to get them out- so thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it so much!

      Delete
  11. I love how you weave in a hint of the paranormal going on in the larger story, and how Sandy reacts to that and just everything about that exchange. It's well done and intriguing. I also like Sandy and Jenny -- they have such funny banter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bailey! I really appreciate your comment- it helps me tremendously. I am in dire need of feedback, and the fact that it's been very postive, makes me very happy. Thanks again!

      Delete
  12. I love the mix of banter and the hint of the overarching story beyond. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind comment Christine!

      Delete
  13. This interview was a hoot!!! I love the way Sandy chides her for her choices in partners :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia- thank you so much. Sandy is one of my fav characters to write, because she holds nothing back, and always speaks her mind. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  14. You had me hooked the second you mentioned NA paranormal romance, but holy heck this was awesome!

    I loved Sandy - you gave her such a strong voice, and she seemed like and excellent friend for Jenny. Jenny, who by the way, also seems fantastic. Another great voice, and full of strength.

    Ben, standing in the locker room in his boxers, after his hockey game ended. His chest muscles glistening with a sheen of sweat and his rock hard abs tapering down into ... - *drools* Hell-o!

    EVERYTHING by looking into them. Like all the way into their souls, and what demons they have clinging - Woah! Now you're reeling me in. I need to know more about this story. Sounds awesome.

    I never judged someone by how they looked on the outside, cause it didn't matter to me at all. I just counted it a giant bonus, my new boyfriend Ben, just happens to look like a Viking God! - Fantastic philosophy to live by. Also, Ben looking like a Viking God - yes please!!

    "As long as that's all you bone up on!" - *snorts* I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that line, or it would have been all over my monitor.

    Jay, I love, love, love this and I really want to know more about "Breaking Cardinale Rules". *goes to search through the blog tags.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare- OMG when I read your comment, I just couldn't believe it! I almost fell off my chair. Thank, thank, thank you! I can't begin to express my appreciation and how much it means, to get this kind of endorsement from you about my characters and story. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

      Delete
    2. You're most welcome. Everything I said is utterly deserved. I loved the snippet into Jenny and Sandy's life; their friendship, their interaction, their respective love interests. And I am hooked on your idea for the story, it sounds fantastic.

      Delete
  15. This was awesome! I liked Jenny and Sandy's interaction. They seem to have a great friendship.
    Oh, and LOVE the eye/soul thing! So great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie- thank you so much for popping in and your kind comments! I really appreciate all of the feedback.

      Delete
  16. Fantastic interview...these characters leaped off the page! "Ben the Ballsack" hee hee. I love that your novel is NA--college stories are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer- thank you! I'm glad I was able to make you laugh. Thanks for the comments and stopping in!

      Delete
  17. Way to go Jaybird. The voice here is great. And I declare you the winner just by picking a Killers song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! I had a feeling you would appreciate my song choice...Killers are going to be performing at the Firefly Festival in August. And I really want to go! Wish you lived closer so we could go together. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh man, that would be sooo fun. :)

      Delete
  18. those girls are great together! giving it hard and having each other's backs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara- I appreciate the comment! This hop was a fun way to display these two characters. :)

      Delete
  19. Was I the only one that was hoping this would end with an underwear pillow fight? Yeah, probably.

    Really well written and a lot of fun to read. Definitely not your typical interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beer-thank you for the compliment on my writing, I really appreciate it.

      And I have to thank you for always popping in and commenting. I look forward to your comments, because you never fail to make me laugh! (Underwear pillow fight..love it. You are such a guy!!)

      Delete
  20. That was fantastic! Natural and fun dialogue. I giggled and kind of hoped for that pillow fight too! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Christine :) The Beer Boys would be happy to hear that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that Killers' Song.

    Great piece. I like how caring Sandy appears by the end. Great voice with both characters.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Killers! I'm listening to them right now..

    And thanks for the compliments on voice Media! I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete