About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Father's Day Friday Fact or Fiction Answers

If you didn't read yesterday's post about Father's Day Friday, Fact or Fiction, you might want to take a quick peek back, before reading the answers here:

#1. FACT! First of all, let me start by saying, my Dad's nickname is BUTCH. Because he earned  it. Just about EVERY New Yorker  has been mugged, at one point or another.  A lot of people asked him, what his secret was.  He always laughed and said, "I never had more than $2.00 in my pocket, I was tired, dirty, and generally pissed off. All I wanted to do was go home. Anyone standing in the way of that, was really not going to like  it.... LOL

#2. FACT! My mom is a nurse, my dad an electrician. He was re-wiring the hospital where she worked, when he and his friends over-heard the nurses talking about a big New Year's Eve party they were having. Of course, they crashed it. My Dad,  suffers from a lack of dance moves, but not SWAG. He hobbled over to my mom, and launched into his tale of BUM KNEE WOE, instantly garnering her nursing sympathy and interest. The truth was he had just gotten into a car accident, and hurt his knee, but we all laugh and joke about it, because that BUM KNEE never went away!! My Dad has never, and will never  dance! (Not even at his, or my, wedding.)

 #3. FACT! This is nothing but hilarious to me now, although at the time, it was trying. The only guy I brought home my Dad ever really connected to or spoke with, was, surprise, surprise, The Husband. When I asked my Dad why, he refused to speak to my dates, he said, "I have no time for stupidity!" Wow. Looking back at some of my prior boyfriends, Pops was (as usual) right. LOL

There are so many things I love about my Dad and am so grateful for. I just wanted to take the opportunity to say, Thank You Daddy, for:

*Taking such a girly girl like me on all of those fishing trips with you up to the Feather River, and then always baiting my hook cause worms are icky;
*Thank you for teaching me to never judge a book by its cover, and proving it by having just as much fun hanging with rough, NYC Union Laborers in a dive bar drinking beer and eating peanuts on a Friday night, but then on Saturday, donning your boat shoes and a huge grin, ready to join a VP of marketing, judge, lawyer and a dentist, for a sail, drinking wine and eating stinky Stiltons, Camemberts and Brie all afternoon;
*Thank you for giving me a love and appreciation for opera and show tunes by blasting Pavarotti and the Three Tenors, Man of La Mancha, or Madame Butterfly out of the speakers of your work truck;
*Thank you for teaching me how to hold my head up high, no matter who or what circumstances try to bring me down;
*Thank you for showing me what an honest man, full of integrity and zero compromise looks like, and
*Thank you for loving Mommy and this family, more than yourself,  for over forty-three years!!

I could go on and on, about his honesty, integrity, dry sense of humour, and overall awesomeness.  I realize how absolutely lucky I am to have been raised by such a spectacular human being, and I cherish every single day I get to enjoy his company. Happy Father's Day Daddy, I Love You xoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. Knew that last one had to be true! No time for stupidity - hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he a trip? He is always cracking me up! Thanks for participating Alex.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my god, that's awesome that all of these are true! I love it! My dad did the last one a few times. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- I guess it's hard to be a father of three girls...but yeah, he was pretty rough on those guys. Besides myself, no one thinks this is funnier, than The Husband. (Of course)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful post! Your dad sounds like an amazing man. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel- yes he is wonderful. I am so extremely lucky to have such a Dad. As tough and funny and crazy as he seems, he was an amazing father. God truly blessed me with him!

      Delete
  4. I just got caught up on all your posts since I've been away. The way you talk about your dad is so sweet. I think you look gorgeous in your polka dot shirt, I actually like spiders (had a pet tarantula once...but am deathly afraid of mice and frogs), and I love your daughter showing that boy what's what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilima- welcome back! Hope you had a great trip camping with the girls. So, that polka dot shirt, (like a few of my friends) are no longer in the closet! LOL I'm not fond of mice, actually jumped on top of my kitchen table like Carl Lewis once, because I saw one. The fam says it's the most athletic thing they have EVER seen me do. Most likely the last. Unless there is a spider! And, my little girl, putting the beat down on a 12 year old boy, yeah, probably shouldn't be as proud about that...but I kinda am. LOL

      Glad your back! Thanks for always participating. xo

      Delete
  5. Oh, that's fantastic that all three facts were true. Your dad sounds awesome. You're lucky to have him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clare- Thank you so much for always participating! And, yeah, my Dad's pretty special. I never take for granted all of the things he has taught me or showed me by example, and I love getting to spend any time I can with him. Not too many girls I know say that about their Dads, so it makes me appreciate him all the more!

      Delete