About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 15, 2012

Father's Day Friday Fact or Fiction

For this week's theme, I wanted to spotlight Fathers. And boy did  I luck out in that department. I was so blessed to be raised by one of the world's greatest. My Dad. But before I begin, I thought you  would appreciate the dad humor, in my favorite "Banana Song" from CN's The Amazing World of Gumball, Enjoy:


Don't let that smile fool you, he didn't let us kids get away with shit! But beneath that tough exterior, lies the heart of a real softie. Here are some facts and funny stories that May or May Not have happened, all about my DAD. Vote on which you think are Fact or Fiction.

#1. My Dad commuted to NYC for years. He would leave at 4:30 a.m. everyday and would not come home from work until 8:00 p.m.. He did this for close to twenty years. Not once, did I ever hear him complain about it either. (I didn't realize how monumental that was, until I started working and had to commute a mere forty-five minutes and I never stopped bitching about it..)

Dad often worked late, in some of the most dodgy areas of the city.  But out of all of those years, my Dad, MAY or MAY NOT have ever been mugged. Late one night, while making his way back to the bus station, some would-be mugger approached my tired, dirty and generally pissed off Dad. My dad, MAY OR MAY NOT have given him a raised eyebrow, and with that one look,  the mugger  punked out like a little bitch and took off running!

#2. My Dad, is English and a wee bit of Irish; basically, whiter than white. LOL He MAY or MAY NOT have told my mom, on the night they met, he had just injured his knee, otherwise he would have asked her to dance. Forty-three years later, he MAY or MAY NOT still be suffering from the same "injury"...

#3. My Dad, MAY or MAY NOT have refused to speak to any of  the dates my sisters and I brought home. He would just stare at them until they felt so uncomfortable and intimidated, they would eventually leave :)

There you have it. Wishing all the Dads out there, a very HAPPY FATHER'S DAY. As always, thanks for your participation everyone. Answers will be posted on Saturday. Cheers! Jaybird

16 comments:

  1. And WHERE, pray tell, did your dark hair and flashing eyes come from????
    Your dad is adorable, such a handsome man!
    I'm guessing number three is fiction because he looks too nice to not talk to someone.
    Happy Father's Day, Jaybird's Dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, my mom's side is 100% guido! The Italian took over in me, for sure. But if you look really, really close, I have a sprinkling of freckles across my nose and cheeks. But it's usually covered by so much make-up you can't see them, LOL!!!

      Thanks for commmenting!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Cathy! I think number three for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Kyra! Thanks for stopping in and participating. :)

      Tomorrow, I'll post my answers so you and Cath can see if you are both right...

      Delete
  3. Your dad sounds like one tough character! I bet the last one did happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Alex- My Dad's nickname is "Butch", so, um, yeah, he's pretty tough.

      Delete
  4. Oh this is really tough, you're so great at making all three facts sound true. And your dad sounds awesome; a tough nut with a soft centre.

    I think three might be fake ... I'm sure your dad gave any potential boyfriends of you and your sisters the once over, but I bet he was too nice to not speak to them entirely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't sum up my Dad any better with that one statement: a tough nut with a soft centre! That is SO true of him. Thanks for always participating!

      Delete
  5. I'm stopping by from Katie's Bloffee. I love this tribute to your dad! As for the fake one, I can't decide...I'm the most indecisive person ever. I really want to say...the mugging never happened. But I also really want that one to be true because it's awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kimberly- thanks for stopping by and participating. I can relate to the indecision. Even though I know it by heart, I still stare at that damn McDonald's menu, every single time I go there!! LOL

      Delete
  6. Love the stories about your dad. He sounds like a great one. I think I'll share the 'date story' with my husband so he can use it for the guys our daughter brings home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn- thanks! I appreciate you stopping by. And, BTW my dad also threatened to sit in his underwear and clean his guns when dates came by to pick us up....LOL Not sure if your husband is interested in THAT tactic!

      Delete
  7. Your dad sounds fantastic! I love his smile in your first pic. I'm going to agree with those who think #3 is fiction. Though from that second pic, it looks like he could stare anyone down.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw- you're welcome and thank you for popping in here and participating! My Dad is tough but fair, and no matter what, always, always, made me laugh. Even when he was being such a nutter!

      Delete
  8. I think all of those are true! I admire those people that commute like that. My husband hates the 15 to 20 minute drive he has to work. Your father actually looks much like my Granddad did. He was English too, but lost his accent. He was a wonderful man too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome- my Dad looks like your Granddad! He has no accent, but says some words funny- like "Los Angelees" and makes me and my fam laugh. There is nothing better, than my Dad's quiet, dry, English humor!

    ReplyDelete