About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stylish/Versatile Blogger Awards and How I Spent Memorial Day

When I saw that Robin, at Robin Writes  gave me the Versatile Blogger Award and Ilima over at Ka'ao:Tell a Fanciful Tale, awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award, I was shocked.  What did I do to deserve such recognition? I'll never know. Most of my posts are just dribble and ridiculous and all about me ranting and rambling on and on..so not worthy over here, but I'll take it ladies!! (Seriously, thank you!)

SOOO, in usual Jaybird fashion, what was supposed to be a fun Memorial Day spent hanging at Six  Flags having a great time:


WE ENDED UP DOING THIS.....
Yep. BTW, this is child #2. The very SAME child I just had at the ER last week for a broken toe. Ugh. You can tell from big sister Faith's crossed arms and  ANGRY BIRD  facial expression, she was less than thrilled to have our Day-O-Fun end in such a spectacular fashion. But end it did, with child  #2 (Farrah) passing out due to heat exhaustion..

Happy to report, after taking a little rest-a-roo in the air conditioning, and drinking lots of Gatorade and water, she made a full recovery. Me, not so much. It was my turn to wilt. (No pictures necessary of that disaster!)  Anyhow, that's the last time The Husband  and I will wait on line, in that kind of  heat, just to "validate" our season passes. Never again. What a nightmare!

Hope all of  my fellow Americans spent Memorial Day weekend in a much better place than I spent mine!

Thanks again Ilima and Robin! 

Oh, and I am supposed to pass this on... We all know I have absolutely no clue how to do that.
So I'll just list the names here:  These wonderful bloggers deserve it, much more than I do!
Just consider yourselves tagged, LOL

Writing on The Wall
Isobel Bandeira
Limey  YA Lit Girl
Life on The Muskoka River
Good Youngman Brown

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the awards. I think your blog is fantastic and you deserve them.

    Oh no, sorry to hear you and your daughter got heat exhaustion. I'm glad she's feeling better now though, and that you had a good Memorial Day weekend despite that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! I had all the kids sit in the shade, drinking water, while The Husband and I waited in the sun, but I didn't realize how hot she still was until it was too late. And that was just sheer stupidty on my part. Despite all of that, somehow, we did still wind up having a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Sorry your day didn't go as planned, but I hope you and your daughter are all better now. The heat has been crazy here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kyra- yeah, we are all better now, thank God. I feel like an ass though, I should know better!

      I'm surprised to hear it's been hot across the pond as well. Do yourself a favor, stay indoors and enjoy the air conditioning. LOL

      Delete
  3. Funny that Robin gave you an award the same time I did. Did you know she's one of my CP's?

    I'm so sorry for the heat exhaustion drama. I hope you guys are doing better (and that toe, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- and no, I didn't know she was your CP. How funny! You guys are the best.

      Delete
  4. LOL! Your poor daughter. Talk about a day gone to heck. I hope you managed to have a little bit of family fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did. She is doing fine now. Not too excited about going back to the amusement park though.

      Delete
  5. The more crazy the times the better the stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure. We were laughing all day long, despite the drama. :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the awards! And I'm glad your daughter is alright. Ah, the reality of family fun! :) The weekend had me wilting too. I'm not a hot weather person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And, it wasn't just normal NJ hot, it was Africa hot! Hate that kind of humidity, no wind, stiffling kind of weather.

      Delete
  7. Oh, poor child #2! Glad she's feeling better. :)
    Congratulations on the awards and thank you so much! I will try to get this posted soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Rachel! She's totally fine now. I know this because she is back to being a sassafras..LOL

      Delete
  8. Thanks very much!! And I love everyone's facial expression in that photo. Glad she's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mike. You deserve it. :)

      My oldest daughter's face says it all. LOL

      Delete
  9. Yikes! That sounds like such an unlucky day! Hopefully she gets better very fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie- thank you so much for the follow! Welcome to the Bird's Nest. So glad you popped in.

      Thank you, she is back to fighting with her sisters, so I'm pretty sure all is back to normal, LOL.

      Delete
  10. Glad she was all right. That's another reason I'm not crazy about amusement parks. It's too hot to be outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex!! She is much better now. No more amusement parks for us, for a long while!

      Delete
  11. Oh you poor thing.. more poor thing to you rather than your kids because the thought of dragging my butt around an amusement park on a blistering hot day. It would have totally been me on that hospital bed! I think I'd rather slice my wrists and bleed to death rather than go to Six Flags.. maybe even shove matchsticks under my fingernails... maybe even, ok, I can't think of anything else. Except to say THANK YOU for the tremendous award! You rock, Jaybird, and you're such a better mommy than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! Not feeling the good mommy thing right now; I totally should have known better! My poor kid... And I got sick as well. (I am usually better in the heat than the rest of the fam, but man, it was freaking AFRICA hot that day!) Learned my lesson though, NEVER AGAIN!

      Delete