About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award

Thank you so much to Clare, at Clare Dugmore Writes, for giving me this award. It is the first Blogger Award I have ever received and it means a lot. I'm supposed to name ten things about myself you may not know. Every Friday, I put out a post called "Fact or Fiction" where I share three random facts about me, and have my followers guess which ones are true. Because of it, y'all know way too much about  me already. LOL But I will try and think up some more....
This is my entire family out snorkeling in Hawaii. Notice who's missing?
1. Although I live at the beach and absolutely love it, I don't swim with things.  I never go in that water!
2. I am CRAP at technology. (Honestly, if it weren't for my sixteen year old niece, I wouldn't even know how to text.) I especially bite at working on this blog. It's a constant struggle for me to set up posts and I absolutely dread it when I have to tag people, cause I never do it right.  So, any tech help/advice you want to send over to the Bird's Nest is always appreciated. :)
3. My friends are the most diverse group of people you could ever meet. Most of them, would not be caught dead hanging out with one another. But I love, respect and accept all people. The Husband says everyone loves me because, unlike him, I never judge.
4. When I was a kid, my family moved from NJ to California. I only lived there for eight years, but I left my heart in San Francisco. Nothing feels more like home than looking out over the San Francisco Bay and seeing that red bridge peeking through the fog back at me.

5. The Husband and I always wanted a house full of kids. We got off to a brilliant start; I had three girls in three years. After delivering my last baby, I ran into complications that almost killed me. I was told I could not have any more kids. I knew I shouldn't be so upset and disappointed, because I already had three beautiful children, and some people can't even have one. That being said, it's still  my plan to one day pull a Brad and Angie and just start snatching babies up from all over the world that need a home! 

6. I love to travel, but suffer terribly from motion sickness. I refuse to give in to it and force myself to fly anyway.  Yep, I am absolutely the last person you'd want to sit next to on an airplane. Recently I took a fifteen hour flight to Hawaii, full of turbulence and it pushed me right over the edge. When we finally landed, I literally got off the plane and kissed the ground.

7. Coffee is my favorite food group.
8. No one has ever left my house hungry. Ever.  
9. No matter how long The Husband or anyone else tries to convince me sleeping outdoors, not showering, getting bit up by bugs and/or having a lack of toilet facilities can be relaxing, I will never understand the draw of camping. Every aspect of it, is my idea of a fresh hell. Glamping is much more my style. :)
10. It would be my ultimate dream to one day hear my books/screen play introduced like Tim Burton's. I want to hear:  "From the mind of Jaybird comes..."

That's ten random facts about me. Now I'm left feeling a little bit exposed. Please comment and/or leave me at least one random fact about you... Thanks!!

15 comments:

  1. I could live off the coffee food group, too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a mission to change the food pyramid. Coffee would be the biggest piece of that triangle for me. LOL

      Delete
  2. I love you even more from this post. Pulling a Brad and Angelina--I want to do that too. No one leaves your house hungry--sounds like a nice Italian mama to me. :) BUT, look how gorgeous that water is and you STILL didn't get in. That is not allowed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, if I had their money, I would have a whole house full of kids already! And, yes, I learned from the original, my Italian momma. If someone says "I'm not hungry" roughly translated in Italian, it means they get just one serving, instead of three! LOL

      Delete
  3. I'm a nut. I love the water. I swim with anybody and anything(well I prefer nothing bigger than me - that didn't come out right - anything with teeth bigger than mine, yeah,that's it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to swim with things. But like everything else in my life, when I did, crazy things happened. I'm going to save those stories, for a future Friday Fact or Fiction post!!

      Delete
  4. You're very welcome!

    These are fantastic facts, I loved reading every single one.

    Since reading the The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel I've got the feeling San Francisco is a beautiful city.

    I think adopting more children is a wonderful idea, and it's actually something my Hubby and I discussed if we were to add to our family (we have two boys already). I think it takes a special person to adopt a child, and from the sounds of it, you'd be great.

    If no one leaves your house hungry I will have to visit. I love food, especially Italian food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare- You are always welcome at the Bird's Nest! I would jump for joy if you came to visit. And then, I would stuff you with all of your fav Italian food/treats until you wanted to burst. LOL

      I always feel the tug on my heart to adopt more children. Honestly, wishing I had Brad & Angie's cash flow to fund it all. I would have a house full already, for sure.

      San Fran will always have my heart. It's such an incredible city. So much diversity! I just love it.

      Thanks again for naming me!

      Delete
  5. Hi, found you after visiting Jaycee DeLorenzo's blog - am a new follower. Fun facts - you seem like a good friend to have coffee with :0) - unless you're pregnant and trailed by cops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaye- nice to meet you. Thanks so much for following! Welcome to the Bird's Nest.

      Delete
  6. I definitely share your vision with #10. Hell, I'd even just take a movie based on one of my books directed by Tim Burton. And probably starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, amirite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beer- You are right again my friend. How many shades of awesome is Tim Burton's mind anyway? He is genius!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Appreciate you stopping by and commenting.

      Delete