About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 25, 2012

Jaybird Flew the Coop

Hey guys!  This week I kind of flew the coop. I have not been home much and just sketched. So sorry, but I  have no Fact or Fiction post today. And please accept my apologies for not being around to comment much. I'll try to visit as many of you as I can and make up for it.

 Here are just a few of the things I've been up  to this week:
1. Tie dyed 150 shirts for  "Field Day" at my kids school.
2. Took my WIP off it's time out. Started to almost like it again.
3. Arm wrestled with an old man for the last package of chop meat at Shop Rite. (Memorial Day weekend at the Jersey Shore is insanity. It's the kick off to the summer season and I really hate how crowded it gets down here.)
4. I worked my butt off this week at my "real job" cleaning, trying to help my boss get ready for the opening weekend/summer season. Which was absolutely EXHAUSTING!!
5. Attended my cousin's graduation. Started prepping/cooking for her party tomorrow. Woo hoo. Congratulations Lauren! So proud of her. xoxoxo
My beautiful cousin Lauren, who just obtained her  Master's Degree, and her husband John

6. My 9 year old broke her toe. Even though I know they can't do much, I still took her to the ER because she was in  a lot of pain. Five hours later....
7. The next day, I had the pleasure of having all three kids home sick.  Tried to forget I had a fever and was sick too... because Moms can't be sick.
8. Read "Fifty Shades of Grey" because I just had to see what everyone was going on about....

9. Unfortunately, fought like cats and dogs with The Husband this week :(   It was all  about stupid crap a/k/a nothing important, at all.  We are only fighting because he is behaving like a giant crabby TOOL. He is on a diet and is hungry and overall freaking MISERABLE. (See my post "Aliens May Have Abducted The Husband")
10.Baked 35 cupcakes. Brought them to my kid's Second Grade Class and then read them, "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake"
11. Tried to think of a brilliant Fact or Fiction post for this week, but realized my brain was too fried. Decided to post this lame list instead. Oh, and I listened to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, a lot.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy with mom-duty, which is nothing to apologize for. It happens. :) Hope you are feeling better. Have a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ilima- I am feeling better today. Still have one kid down for the count though. Just made her some pastina and tea. The Italian cure to a belly ache :)

      Delete
  2. Ok, I have to admit I come here for the calming affect you tend to have on me. BUT, wow what a week you've had. I thought mine was crazy but 150 tie-dyed t-shirts, 35 cupcakes, 'If you Give a Cat a Cupcake' and the 'Red Hot Chili Peppers'. Take yourself a break, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Me, a calming affect? Love it..can't wait to tell The Husband that.

      You wouldn't happen to know some cool island rememdy on how to get tie dye off of your skin/finger nails would you? LOL

      AND, thanks. I am trying to take it easy today!

      Delete
  3. Busy week for Jaybird! What did you think of Fifty Shades of Grey? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kyra- I think she should have named it, Fifty Shades of Oh, My...The Husband asked me, "What in the world are you reading, the tips of your ears are all red!?!"

    So, it was definitely interesting, that's for sure. But I'm sort of undecided about it, if that makes any sense. Did you read it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crow! You're a busy woman. I wanted to ask you about Fifty Shades of Grey too. I've heard not many good things about it, but everyone seems to be talking about it. It would take a lot to make my ears to go read. Does it have a lot?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Christine! I heard so much about it, which is why I felt compelled to read it. I didn't think the writing was as God awful as I heard, but it was FAR from being the best book I ever read either. There is, however, (in my opinion) quite a lot of BDSM sex in it. Commence my red ears...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are super-mom!

    And I always feel sorry for the real Jersey shore-ers like you, who have to put up with the crazy "shoobies" every summer. I have their traffic (weekend home is right along RT73 on the way from the Ben Franklin Bridge to the AC Expressway!), but you get the full impact. My prayers are with you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Issy- The "locals" usually opt to stay in all weekend, only going out or moving our cars if absolutely necessary. We resurface during the week, going to "our" beach and stores then. It's inconvenient, but the price you pay for living at the beach. And I really do love living at the beach, (Exit 63 all the way, LOL!)

    I mean, where else can you go to church and find the Pastor wearing shorts and flip flops? He he he.

    ReplyDelete