About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

First Love Blog Fest

Here is my entry to Alex Cavanaugh's  First Loves Blog Fest.  Hope you all enjoy it. And I truly hope The Husband doesn't read this and go hunt down my first love and kill him...LOL :)

The first movie I ever fell in love with was: Star Wars. From my very first viewing (at the drive in) I was hooked and another Star Wars geek was born..

Man, I wanted to be Princess Leia so freaking bad I could taste it. "Aren't you a  little short for a Storm Trooper?" Is my fav line; she was the  toughest,  coolest chick I had ever seen and a princess to boot. It's still one of my all time fav movies.


The first book I read and read until the spine broke and all of  the pages started to fall out was:
J.R.R. Tolkein's The Hobbit. When I first ventured into Middle Earth, everything else around me fell  away and I never wanted to leave! Recently, I had the pleasure of introducing this book to my 4th grader. She absolutely loved it and we have had many,  many book discussions since.

A little bit about My First Love:

The relentless August sun was burning the top of my dark head. I was trying not to panic, but I was lost, late and completely drenched with sweat on the first day of classes. I've always been a bit of a spaz, and I distinctly remember thinking, "Way to go Jen, great way to kick start your college career!" A light breeze picked up and carried tiny droplets of water from a nearby sprinkler.

I closed my eyes and turned my face into that wind, truly delighted by it's unexpected coolness. When I opened my eyes, he was there. He stood stock still and perfect before me, like some sort of  ridiculous  bronze sculpture. Why would this perfect man, be staring at me? I had to be sure. I turned around and looked over my shoulder, just to see if there was some hot blond coming up behind me. I could tell he was slightly amused by this. In two giant strides, he closed the distance between us. Then he smiled at me. I had thought the sun was brilliant today, but it was nothing compared to that smile.

"You're a Freshman, right?"
"Um yes." Was my patheticness that apparent?
"You have that lost look." Guess so!
"I, um, uh, need to find a building. I mean A-building, not "a building".  I need to get  to Western Civ." Duh! I answered him with all the eloquence of Mr. Bean. I couldn't believe how bad I was blowing this.
"My next class is in A-building. I'd be happy to walk you there."

The way he was looking at me, man,  no one had ever looked at me like that before! I knew I should walk away. I screamed at myself, look away, look down, look anywhere but up into those amazing green eyes. But for the life of me, I could not. Something in  his eyes, held the power to leech my will and hold me back. It wasn't until he reached out his hand, and I accepted it, my body could move again. I should have instinctively known, right then and there, his influence on me was not natural. I suspect deep down inside I did, but I just didn't care.

My first love was as hot and relentless as that August sun. It completely consumed me. When it was over, I was left with the realization that I would never love anyone with that much reckless abandon, ever again. He stole a little piece of my soul, the very first time I looked into those eyes. And I have never gotten it back.

I couldn't remember the first song I ever fell in love with. So here's a song, that I Love, Love, Love Thought it was appropriate for this Blog Fest !


56 comments:

  1. That might be the most beautiful first love story I've ever heard. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my father presented me with his copy of The Hobbit like a religious offering, telling me I was ready for it and how much he revered it. Great first love! I love Of Monsters and Men, Star Wars, and your first love sounds dreamy. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am listening to Monsters and Men right now. One of my new favorites! They are so good.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a story. My first love turned out to be mentally insane (as in truly insane, if you read my post about the girl with multiple personalities). I hope the few times I kissed her it was her I was kissing and not her male alter-ego. That would have been awkward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only you have crazier stories than me, and only you can make my life look tame! Love it..

      Delete
  4. Great story off your first love:) And I wanted to be Princess Leia too. My 6-yr-old was for halloween last year and I wished I could fit into the costume (or at least the wig), but alas, it was not to be.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wore those buns for a quite a while. I was Princess Leia like five years in a row for Halloween. My mom eventually went in my closet and stole my costume. She threw it away b/c it was falling apart at the seams and she didn't want me to be it again for Halloween..LOL

      Delete
  5. Fantastic post! Enjoyed the "First Love" story.

    And we both picked "Star Wars" and "The Hobbit"!

    Tim
    The Freedom of Nonbelief
    The Other Side

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim! Great minds think alike.

      Delete
  6. I'm just relieved that your first love wasn't Mr Bean!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! No way. That's hilarious. Mr. Bean just cracks me up. His faces are ridiculous. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Love you first love story and STAR WARS! Ahem...sorry, it just gets me excited. I wanted to be Princess Leia too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaycee! I still want to be a Princess too.

      Delete
  8. Wow, steamy love story. I wanted to know more. I wanted to know all the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clarissa. I wrote a 430 page book about my first love, are you sure you still want to read all the details?? LOL!

      Thanks for commenting. I really do appreciate it.

      Delete
  9. Holy crow. What a first love story! I'm looking for it to be a whole novel now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! It is a long, long story. :)

      Delete
  10. I really connected with your first love story. Mine was all-consuming, too. There's nothing like a first love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em- Hope you are feeling well and getting lots of rest! And, nope, there's nothing like a first love, that's for sure.

      Delete
  11. Holy carp! Appreciate your candor. I'm not playing today because I didn't want to expose myself like that. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha- you are much smarter girl than I'll ever be Faraway! Since I started this blog, I've way over-exposed myself. There's no going back for me. LOL

      Delete
  12. awesome, simply awesome...

    We all love something...right!
    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Howlin' Wolf Records: On-Line Magazine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you very much Jeremy.

      Delete
  13. Fantastic picks! Love Star Wars, love The Hobbit, love the Mr. Bean reference :) Great first love story too.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison. Just looking at Mr. Bean cracks me up.

      Delete
  14. Nice to meet you, Jaybird, and great shares. I loved Star Wars. Great story about your first love (person).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeff- thanks for popping in. I appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Hi Michelle- yep, The Hobbit is still a fav after all these years!

      Delete
  16. Great story!! And, yeah, don't let your hubby read it!

    I love Star Wars and the Hobbit - those are seriously awesome choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jemi- The Husband, knows the whole story, but I just don't think I need to be reminding him of it, again. LOL.

      Delete
  17. Star Wars and the Hobbit - great choices

    ReplyDelete
  18. Star Wars and The Hobbit are some serious good choices for first loves. Excellent, excellent taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I apprecite it.

      Delete
  19. Ok I almost just cried like a baby from how beautiful your love story was. You need to publish that awesomeness! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw- thank you. I appreciate that. I hope maybe one day to publish it!

      Delete
  20. JRR Tolkien is one of my few favourites too!

    Sharing the Love!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Tolkien is a master! I remain in awe of him, even all these years later.

      Delete
  21. I scanned through your comments to see what happened to that glorious first meeting of your first love and am pleased to see you wrote a book about the subject!!! Is it published? Details, Jaybird, details!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cath-No, not published yet. It is the manuscript I recently had to put in time out! It's finished, but I'm not quite happy with it. Lots to edit, etc. but my plan is to send it out and see if some agent bites. After reading some of the comments here, I am a bit more encouraged that someone else, besides me and my mom, might want to read it! LOL

      Delete
  22. Love your movie and book picks!!! And your first love story is intense! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your first love story was so beautiful it made me want to cry.. I am such a goey goppy romantic :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Andrea-Wow, thank you very much. I appreciate the compliment. I remain a hopeless romantic, despite how bad my first love ended. :)

      Delete
  24. Great book! Nice movie pick, too. She was one kick butt princess!
    Um, nice first love story! Wow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rach-Thanks, Princess Leia rules! How did your husband's operation go? Hope all is well and his knee gets better soon. Semper Fi! LOL

      Delete
  25. Good choices! I almost selected Star Wars.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest. Sorry it took me so long to get to your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex-No worries! It amazes me how you find time to get around to everyone- Thank you so much for hosting this awesome hop. Oh- and congrats on Cassafire! Way to go.

      Delete
  26. Nice choices.
    Loved the piece on your first love. So much comes through from behind the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ash- Great to hear from you. Thanks for popping in and the kind comments.

      Delete
  27. Sorry I'm late.
    Star Wars. Just epic.
    First love? Holy Mr. Bean! I love the way you tell this story. I hope he had a great name too. I hope he was as cool as I'm picturing him now.
    Wow.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    HEather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather- no worries. I'm so glad you stopped by!Thank you so much for the compliments.

      And, yes, he was every bit as awesome as he sounds. But, boy did he know it and use that to his advantage! LOL

      Delete