About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taste of Southern Ocean County, A Night to Remember

Although I feel a bit like crap on a stick, I left the nest last night to attend this amazing event with my sister: 

This is a cause that we both support and look forward to year after year. All of the proceeds go to "Ending Childhood Hunger, One Plate At A Time"  This year's theme was Boardwalk Dynasty, A Culinary Tribute to 1920's Atlantic City, and it was FABULOUS!! There were flappers and feathers and music and food. In other words, my kind of FUN.
This is the menu. And, yes, I finished every single bite :)
It is truly a spectacular evening, as all of the most amazing, talented chefs from the surrounding area come out and display their culinary talents . I can't begin to describe how each course tops the last.

This was the Sacchette Alfredo. I could have eaten just this, all night long. YUM
Pictured below is the beautiful and extremely talented Event Planner for Caesar's in Atlantic City: Caitlin Lesniak We LURRVE her.
 (She also happens to be the daughter of one ridiculously talented chef, Gary Lesniak.)
Ronnie Lesniak, Gary Lesniak & Miss Caitlin. What a brilliant trio!!

On the left is my sister Adrienne and on the right is our friend Val.  
Val is not only a Librarian Extraordinaire, but she can HANG. So we totally lurve her too!

Val, MC for the evening FISHBEIN, Cheryl Smith, my good friend and wife of:
Chef Ian Smith. A/K/A Smitty. The man who started this benefit, after watching a young mother hang her five year old over a dumpster to dive for food, some 20  years ago. It was one moment in time, but it changed his life forever. And he started this benefit as his way of using his talents to do something about ending childhood hunger, in Southern Ocean County. TRULY AMAZING!! One person CAN make a difference.
 Chef Ian Smith

6 comments:

  1. Wow. A fun event for such a good cause. The food looks AMAZING--yum! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilima-Did you notice I'm MIA from all of these pictures? I'm still not feeling, or looking up to my best, but I forced my butt out the door to go to this, because it's that important to me.

    Also, my lack of photo id might have something to do with the fact that my daughter told me my butt "looked like a Kardashians" in the skirt I was wearing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks like a fabulous event! I'm glad you had such a delicious night, and it's a bonus it is for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hart! It was definitely my big "highlight" of these past few weeks of difficulty. And I am still full from last night! LOL

      Delete
  4. Yes, I did notice, and I'm sure you are worrying over nothing. My butt is my biggest asset (haha) and the only reason I posted that pic of me and my daughter was because most of me was hiding behind her. How old is this daughter of yours? I'm starting to think she and my own daughter might be the same person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Pre-adolescent girls really keep it real, don't they? You looked beautiful in that pic, BTW, seriously. I don't know what your skin care routine is, but I wish you could bottle it and sell it to ME.

      Delete