About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Follow At Your Own Risk

A string of "unfortunate events" (as I will herein refer to them)  started for me on Easter Sunday and have yet to stop. I keep waiting for the downs to be over and the ups to resurface, but the shiz keeps flowing downhill around the Bird's Nest.

It may be news to some of my followers to hear that I suffer from an auto-immune disease that totally sucks it.  I don't like to talk about it much, because I don't ever want to use it as a crutch. I am the type of person who always focuses on the positive and refuses to let this disease overtake my ability to live my life to the fullest. That is why, I like to keep it on  the down low.  But lately, it's becoming increasingly more and more difficult to do so. 

Stress can induce flare ups and I've been under an unusual amount of stress with the string of unfortunate events.  I considered  stopping my blog all together, but after getting an extremely  kind compliment/comment from one of my followers, (thanks Ilima) I  decided I should just tell everyone the truth. When I am in the midst of a bad flare up, I am sure to be doing one (or all) of these stupid things:

(1) make lots and lots of typos/mistakes
(2) forget that I already commented on one of your posts and do it again
(3) repeat myself, a lot. 

Memory loss/impairment is just one of many symptoms that can get bad for awhile. I guess I considered quitting because I was being a bit vain, and didn't want to embarrass myself. But that's not being very fair to my followers. Maybe some of you wouldn't mind as much as I think, now that you know why.  And after my recent  rant/post on LIES OF OMISSION, I would consider myself a total hypocrite, for not telling you the complete truth now and allowing you to make up your own minds.

So follow at your own risk friends, but consider yourselves forewarned if I blog/comment like I'm totally wasted from time to time.  Cheers ~Jaybird

16 comments:

  1. Aww, sending lots of good vibes your way, dear! I love your blog and I'm glad you are continuing. You are so strong for sharing this with all of us and I can't wait to continue following you. And don't worry about the typos and grammar stuff. I think we ALL do a little of that, lol. You can't catch everything. Heck look at the books you're reading you are bound to find at least one no matter if they are Big six or Indie, pub! Thanks for staying with us :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very thankful for each and every one of the followers I have, and don't like the thought of letting any one of you down. Thanks so much for sticking it out with me!

      Delete
  2. Aww, none of your followers mind if there are repetitions and occasional mistakes! It was really brave of you to open up about what you're going through, and honestly, it just makes us love you even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra. It means a lot that you all will continue to support me!

      Delete
  3. Please don't ever worry about what people would think of you. Mistakes etc. are common accidents anyway, and you have a very good reason for yours.

    I'm sorry to hear you're going through so much at the moment, and that it's making your auto-immune disease flare up. You were really brave talking about it, and that's made me respect you even more.

    Take care of yourself, feel better soon, and know that there's a lot of people here on the blog that care about you. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Clare. I love all of my fellow bloggers for so many reasons, but your kindness and compassion is really moving. Your words mean the world to me! Thank you so very much.

      Delete
  4. Soldier on! It's not like I don't screw up ALL THE TIME - and I don't even have an excuse!
    Look after yourself, write through the typos and HAVE FUN with this blogging thing. It's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath-I can't blame all my screw ups on my disease, because I was already a bit touched before I got sick, LOL

      You are right. I love to blog, and it's all in good fun. I mean, who could really take me serious to begin with what I post about most of the time? I'm always jacking around.

      My family knows how much I love a good joke! Now, my blogging family knows why I don't take myself too seriously, and make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could!

      Thanks for the continued support!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you're gonna keep doing the blogging thing. Honestly, when you admitted the other day that you thought about ditching it, I panicked for a minute because I love reading your blog that much. I agree with all the commenters here. And like Kyra said, admitting what you're going through just makes us love you even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilima- You are too good to me! The Husband asked me once when would I consider myself a successful writer. I told him that if I ever get published, and sold only one book, just one, but the person who bought it loved the story I wrote, I would consider myself a success! He laughed at me, (as no doubt would any agent/publisher) but I was dead serious. The same theory applies here. If you were my only follower, and you loved what I wrote, I would have to keep going.

      So, I owe you a huge debt of gratitude and my overwhelming THANKS for being the reason I consider myself "successful" and giving me the drive I needed to carry on.

      Delete
  6. No worries. I'll still keep reading. If I encounter any typos, I'll just conjure an image of Haymitch nursing a glass of whiskey. ^.^

    (I hope you feel better soon! I'll keep you in my thoughts.)

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Cheers Barb!! The positive support here is both humbling and overwhelming. You are the best!

      Delete
  7. Hugs! I'm not going anywhere - your blog is on my must read list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Jaycee. Followers like YOU make it all worth while for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We follow you because we love you. I wouldn't still be reading if I didn't find your posts interesting and fun... and typos? Oh boy! Years of blogging and posting in so many places has given me a ton of my own examples that make me cringe.

    A million hugs to you and keep doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Issy- I really appreciate it. Honestly, my followers are the best. And if they are already following me, they couldn't possibly expect perfection, right? LOL

    And I am so sorry about your recent post about your grandmother passing away. Hugs! My grandma was my best friend and I miss the heck out of her. Not a day goes by that I don't think about what an amazing woman she was.

    ReplyDelete