About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 13, 2012

Creepy Crawly Friday Fact or Fiction

If you haven't already noticed, Jaybird is bat-crap crazy and has  many phobias. As we progress with Fact or Fiction, and you get to know more and more about my life, you'll see why!! But since this week's  Fact or Fiction falls on Friday the 13th, I'd like to focus on only one of my phobias today: Arachnophobia. (Oh dear God, how I hate spiders. It was hard for me to even look at the pictures for this!)  So, ugh, away we go:

1. Jaybird may or may not have once put her foot into a shoe and felt something pinch her big toe. She didn't think about it again until later. That day she developed a fever, the chills, nausea and big time body aches and cramps. Basically, she thought she was going to DIE. When she removed her shoe, Jaybird found her entire big toe had turned BLACK and looked  all around, NOT GOOD. She was rushed to Emergency Room and found out it was a SPIDER bite. (Most likely a brown recluse.)

2. Jaybird may or may not have had an extremely bad ear infection once. She went to Emergency Room where they proceeded to tell her there was something lodged in her ear cavity. When they extracted it, the whole room fell silent. A SPIDER has laid it's egg sac in her ear! It burst open on the table and tiny spiders came crawling out. Despite the sheer gross out factor, the ER doctor and nurses, may or may not have told  her, "This isn't the first time we saw this happen! It happens more than you think." Which may or may not be the reason Jaybird sleeps with ear plugs in her ears, every single night.

3. Jaybird went to Mazatlan, Mexico with a group of friends to party and be stupid.Jaybird may or may not have brought home a guest in her beach bag. When said stupid partiers were coming home, a GIANT Mexican style tarantula crawled out of her bag into the back seat, thus evacuating a car packed full of bikini clad girls right in the middle of a crowded freeway. Which stopped traffic. Mexican and American officials, may or may not have been involved.



And there you have it. Please vote on which of these three stories from Jaybird's life are either Fact or Fiction. I'll post the truth tomorrow. Thanks!!

10 comments:

  1. WOW I don't know which one is fiction but they all sound completely horrible so ummm yeah either way totally see why you're afraid of them. Any one of those would have done it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Eve- all of these stories are FACT and contributed to my HATE of spiders! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Never been particularly afraid of spiders BUT I am buying ear plugs. immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faraway! The Husband has an endless supply of disposable ear plugs for shooting, and I use them EVERY night, without fail. No spider is laying it's eggs in my ears, if I can help it!!

      Delete
  3. *shivers* Holy COW! Any of these is bad enough... I believe the first... my husband was bitten by a brown recluse... though... hmmm... he didn't feel it. We just figured it out from the swelling and seeping and eventualy flesh death (he has a dent in his leg now)... but that second is too horrible for ANYONE to experience! The last I think I believe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brown recluse did a number on my mom's toe. She is lucky she sought treatment immediately, otherwise she could have lost it! Sorry to hear about your husband. It's awful what a spider bite can do.
      And, you were right again! #3 is the FACT that happened to me. Thanks so much for participating!

      Delete
  4. I actually like spiders. Used to own a tarantula. But, I'm terrified of frogs. When I was a kid, I put on my dad's giant work boots and went trampling through the yard. Ten minutes pass, and I feel something moving at my toes. I pull the boot off, turn it upside down, and out hops a frog. I have had frog-phobia ever since. For that reason, I am going with #1 as the true story, since I can sympathise. They all sound terrible, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha- I am the exact opposite. I actually like frogs and toads! My kids had a toad as a pet named Tara that had so much personality, I couldn't believe it.

      I can sympathise, however, with your bad experience and phobia, since I have many!

      Delete
  5. Ewww. I'm voting for brown recluse because we do have those in NJ AND my coworker once had a spider-in-her-boot incident. If it's the egg-in-ear thing, I am NEVER sleeping AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Issy- Yep, we do have brown recluses here in NJ. My mom was the one who got bit. (Yuck) And yes, the egg in the ear essentially took away my ability to sleep without ear plugs, FOREVER!

      Thanks so much for participating.

      Delete