About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Writing Contest Entry, Update

I posted my entry a few weeks ago here- Writing Contest Entry

He called again last night, all desperate and needy. Emotions as alien to him, as they are to me. Allowing myself to fall in love with a ridiculous tool like Brooks T. Powell, III, was criminal.

I watched as he sauntered into the party late, dressed like a vampire. How completely predictable. I already know he's a harbinger of eternal death and all things evil, no costume necessary. As he glided over to Missy, wrapping her up in his faux cape and charm, I wondered how long it would take before my best friend figured it out.

Although I did not win, I'm ridiculously excited to report Agent Suzie Townsend, over at Confessions gave me a shout out for BEST PARANORMAL.

Yep, I had to read that about ten times and pinch myself to make sure it was real. That mention put a smile on my face which absolutely nothing is gonna wipe off,  for a long, long, time. Congratulations to Ashley, who did win. And double bonus points for her Buffy the Vampire Slayer reference.  Buffy is my fav tele show, so she Wins in my book, for that alone. Way to go.

7 comments:

  1. couldn't connect to your story. link didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorrry! I tried to link it again, and for some reason, it still won't work. :( Click on my blog post titled "Writing Contest" back in Feb. to see my entry.

      Delete
    2. A- Still couldn't link. Don't know why. Just reposted it here. Hope you like it.

      Delete
  2. Aloha,

    Congrats and I'm a new follower after reading your comments about having three girls in three years (at Faraway's blog)

    We had three boys in five years and I think *that's* nuts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark~ Thanks so much for the follow! Three boys in five years, yes, you definitely have your hands full! When my kids were babies, it felt like I had triplets. The first few years are still kind of a blur. You know, no sleep, changing diapers, feedings, baths, no sleep, changing diapers, repeat. LOL My girls are 8,9,&10 now, so it's a bit easier, Thank God! Come back and visit again soon.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, congrats!

    Btw, tagged you for the lucky seven meme :)

    ReplyDelete