About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Super Saturday

Today is just one of those amazing rainy, dark, lazy Saturdays. The Husband is off harassing criminals, the kids are all on play dates  and I find myself in a rare and dangerous place: ALONE.

So what should I do today?  I haven't had an opportunity to choose in a long time. Usually, it's all planned out for me, months in advance. Oh, I know what I HAVE to do, and I know what I SHOULD do. Just not sure I WANT to do any of those things.

I HAVE to do laundry today or else I  risk leaving the house looking like someone from PEOPLEOFWALMART... 

I SHOULD:  work on my Query letter, cause it still sucks it, hard. I've been putting that off  because I needed some distance.  But it still sucks and I still hate it. And I don't think I feel like dealing with my writing deficiencies today.

I SHOULD: take this opportunity to clean the house, before the people that destroyed it come back and proceed to do it, again.

WHAT DO I WANT TO DO:  Make  another pot of coffee, curl up on the couch and devour a good book. Or, procrastinate doing all of the above and go on blog reading/stalking for a little while longer.

What are you going to do today? Whatever you choose, hope it turns out to be a great day!

13 comments:

  1. Hehe I have had the same problem for the last few months. I went from a super busy job that had a very set and demanding schedule with all time off accounted for to unemployed...I'm still adjusting. I've found I'm very inefficient when I have free time lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always come over here and help me split wood? (I have snuck in here for lunch and a quick bit of blogging... oops, here comes husband... gotta go!) Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a world class wimp and probably couldn't split one log! But I wouldn't mind hanging around watching. I've always wanted to go to Canada!

      Delete
  3. Hi Eve- I'm always bitching about not having enough time, but then when I finally get it, I'm like, what to do what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not cold or rainy here. Had a great day, went to the beach. Also, busy devouring a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, nice Faraway! I miss the sun. I still go to the beach all winter but it's COLD here in Jersey. Can't wait for warm and sunny beach days in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read TWO books this weekend. I haven't done that in a long time and it felt really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my kind of weekend! Good for you.

      Delete
  7. Aloha Jaybird,

    Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you, but I wanted to drop by and say thanks very much for the comments on my recent post about pulling out of the A-Z.

    I shared your comments with my wife and said you were so right, we *are* all WIPs, and I thought that was a cool way to think about it :)

    So thanks again, and I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all need a little down time as it is. :)

    And for the love of God, NEVER give Walmart a reason to put you on that website!

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel much the same when the wife is gone. I'm the stay-at-home guy (not yet dad, so I guess this is the correct term?) and I never know what I SHOULD be doing. Though, 'drinking beer at noon' often seems like just the right answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Query letter hell. I hate those things with a passion. For my next story, I'm actually following a trick that someone posted on a blog once- write a draft query letter first. Maybe it will make the real letter at the end so much less painful!

    ReplyDelete