About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Lucky 7 Meme

Thank  You Amy, at Limey YA Lit Girl, who thought of me and  Tagged me in Lucky Seven Meme: Here's hoping I can do it right!!

The rules of the Lucky Seven Meme:


1) Go to page 77 of your current MS
2) Go to line 7
3) Copy down the next 7 lines as they're written--no cheating
4) Tag 7 other writers
5) Let them know

Here's my entry:
(BTW, in this scene, my MC has just gotten into a car accident. )

Poor guy must have been in charge of bringing donuts to his meeting, because three or four boxes were still on the front seat of his car, the rest had fallen out onto the pavement. There was glass and squished donuts everywhere! Between the coffee and the donuts, we were a hot sugary mess.

Ben yanked the old guy's door open so hard it practically came off the hinges. Then he ripped him out of the car by his arms! He jacked that old man up and started shaking him like he was a little rag doll.

"Oh, please don't hurt me!"


And here are the Lucky Seven Authors I'm going to attempt to tag:

Frankie Writes
Faraway Series
Isabel Bandeir
Leigh Covington
Ashley Nixon
Victoria Smith

Frankie Writes
Faraway Series
Isabel Bandeira
Leigh Convington
Ashley Nixon
Victoria Smith







11 comments:

  1. The only way this could be more tragic is if those were Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaybird. Just stopping in from Creepy Query Girl's blog, and am now your newest follower. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matthew! Nice to meet you too. I can tell we will get along already. Your Yoda pic is awesome. Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jaybird, first time visitor and great to meet you! Not the coffee and donuts! That is tragic.


    Uh oh. I see your Word Verification (WV) is still on. I'm on a mission to rid the world of this unnecessary evil frustration! Please stop by my blog and select the How To Turn Off Your Word Verification tab and help make the world a better place one blog at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephen! Great to meet you too. Thanks for stopping by. I'm completely hopeless when it comes to Blog layouts/technology but I will give it my best to turn off my WV! You wouldn't happen to have any posts on how to tag, do you? I'm still having trouble with that, LOL

      Delete
  4. "we were a hot sugary mess"-- I like this line the best. And I'm totally going to steal that the next time I see someone who would normally be described as a "hot mess" just because it sounds so cool.

    And thank you for the tag! I'll try to post this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find it hard myself, to tell what's going on from just these seven sentences. But no cheating, right? Anyway, I'll look forward to your post. Thanks again.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the tag! I posted my entry a few days before this. Here it is: http://twentysomethingfictionwriter.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucky-7-meme.html I love your snippet and I love the line "hot sugary mess"! So good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I tried your link to the blog hop and it keeps coming up as not available. I think there my be a problem with the address that was put in. Thanks for joining the hop by they way and I can't wait to meet your swoon worthy hero :D

      Delete
    2. Hey Victoria-Thank you so much for participating on the Lucky 7! I'm not sure what I'm doing over here, because I can't get anything to link/tag right. I'm a total dork and Blogger hates me :(

      But I am excited to do the Oh, My Hero Blog Hop. Looks like lots of fun!

      Delete