About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Writing Contest Entry

Hi: To all my fellow writers, here is a writing contest I came across from Agent Suzie Townsend over at her blog, Confessions. The rules are as follows: 

You must include the words EVIL, VAMPIRE, ETERNAL, LOVE, and DEATH. No more than 100 words are allowed. And she would rather read entries that are NOT about Vampires.. Contest Ends Friday, March 2nd. Good Luck!

Here's my entry:

He called again last night, all desperate and needy. Emotions as alien to him, as they are to me. Allowing myself to fall in love with a ridiculous tool like Brooks T. Powell, III, was criminal.

I watched as he sauntered into the party late, dressed like a vampire. How completely predictable. I already know he's a harbinger of eternal death and all things evil, no costume necessary. As he glided over to Missy, wrapping her up in his faux cape and charm, I wondered how long it would take before my best friend figured it out?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jaybird! Thanks for the follow. Be sure to add the Google Friends Connect widget soon so it's easy for others to follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the contest. Personally I'm swearing off until May, when I have a big one. Nice space. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faraway-Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you do in May.

    Alex- Hi! Thank you so much for the tip. I really appreciate the feedback. I'm still learning the ins and outs of Blogging. Plus, I'm helplessly challenged when it comes to any and all info technology. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I think I know him! Nice little tale. I love drabbles (the exactly 100 word stories)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hart, you just made my day! I'm doing my happy dance for the follow and the compliments. :) Please come back and visit again soon.

      Delete