About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

No Excuses



In light of the fact that I'm having heaps of trouble creating an effective query letter, today, I'm going to  focus on some writing exercises. Here's hoping knocking out a few really great writing exercises will help me get my creative mojo going, and allow me to garner some new incite into a very placid, played out query.

Because of my obvious query deficiencies, I've been reading heaps of material on how to write a stand out query.  If  I'm being honest, which I always try to be, I have to admit, what  I've read so far, has  not been very helpful. I hate contradictions and that's all I seem to be taking away from the info I've read!

Maybe it's just me, but I've come to the conclusion that it's all about the agent and what works for them (some explicit no-no's not withstanding). There is no magic query formula for me to follow. Where's Hermione Granger and her wand when you really need her? I wish she could hook a sister up.

Keeping the "Biggest Loser" motto of  NO EXCUSES foremost in mind, I will continue to forge ahead. Despite conflicting advice, having two sick kids at home, and a whole lot of construction work going on around my house, I will whine press on. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment