About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This Morning I Woke Up With A New Voice In My Head




This morning I woke to the sound of a new voice in my head. I know, I know, but everyone who reads/follows this blog is well aware of the fact that I'm CRAZY!!!
Why can't I be normal and just wake up to the sound of my alarm clock, or the bright, beautiful sun, shining through my window, like everyone else? I don't know. But to quote one of my fav lines from Gaga, "I was born this way". I got over it, embraced the crazy, and here we are.

So, back to this morning. I woke up with a new voice in my head. I'm always pretty jazzed when this happens, since I never know what to expect or what road the voice might lead me down. Today, however, the voice that broke through my subconscious was arrogant, overtly male, and wildly insistent. This voice was accustomed to demanding people's attention and was not very pleasant nor patient, while being left to wait for a response. Not such a fun voice to wake up to.

At first, I thought, oh, it's just The freaking Husband; cause, if I'm being honest, his voice is a perfect match to the above description. But as the sleep faded from my conscienceness, and I became completely aware, clarity came. I was wrong. This arrogant, demanding voice in my head was, for once, not The Husband's. And it wasn't because he was still sound asleep, snoring obliviously beside me, it was because the voice that woke me held an underlying sadness to it that caught me completely off guard.

It was so subtle, and he, being a master at masking it, at first, I almost missed it completely. I guess that's why he was being so insistent. Don't we all want our voices to be heard? I mean, really, really be heard by someone? All his overbearing, intolerable personality traits are just a cover for the deep-seated, debilitating sadness that he endlessly suffers from. This voice was in some serious pain. And, therefore, I, am in some serious trouble.

Until I get him written just right, this is the kind of voice that will haunt me. Yep, I have a feeling, he is going to make my life a living hell from now until I do. He will be whispering in my ear at the beach, in the grocery store, at work, while I'm driving in the car.... What we have here folks, is the absolute worst kind of voice, I've gots me a brooder!

Brooders are always the hardest to deal with as a writer, since their introspection can sometimes also = boredom when it comes to plot. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with him just yet, but I promise, to make his voice known. He will find a home in my heart and one day, in one of my books. His name will be added to the never-ending list of characters I have created and I will try, as always, to do my very best to represent him credibly. In the meantime, I am going to have to do some serious brooding of my own, if I'm ever going to do him justice, and get him to stop whispering in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment