About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

LUDACRIS...

Soooo I may have mentioned before, I have very few vices. Other than stalking Hugh Jackman, practically none. I drink rarely, never smoke, Ben & Jerry are my only dealers with chocolate fudge brownie ice cream being my drug of choice, so I must confess my one dirty little habit...Rap. I LOVE IT. I roll along in my mini van blasting the LUDACRIS, Flo Rida, 50cent, Method Man, Busta Rhymes, Dr. Dre, old school, new school, you name it, usually the harder hitting, the better.


I know, I know..what a contradiction. But this white, Republican, Christian mother of three loves her some RAP...I have to hide my CDs from the husband in a secret stash in the back of the glove box. He knows the CDs are in there and he absolutely hates it! I've heard lecture after lecture from him as he drones on about how it's corrupting me and the lyrics are just so wrong. But I don't care. It's a matter of taste. And it's my one guilty pleasure I still refuse to give up.


I laugh to myself as I pull up at lights, windows down, rap blaring, my head bopping up and down, my Wolverine Bobblehead nodding right along with me, mouthing lyrics that make the people in the cars next to mine cringe. They have to look. But when they turn their heads and take all this in, their eyes bug out of their heads. They stare in shock, mouths dropped open, never expecting to see the Middle Aged White Bread Wonder that would be me... that's when I like to wave.

Sorry folks but it is what it is. Just like I tell the husband, this is a part of who I am. If you don't like it, "Get Back, Cause You Don't Know Me Like That" and I won't be apologizing for it either!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment