About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

General musings and a great Superbowl recipe...

Being trapped in a giant snow storm two weeks in a row is NOT a good place to be for someone whose dieting. Especially a dieter whose husband eats nonstop and wants said dieter to bake all of his favorite winter treats. Of course, I could always bake them and not eat them myself, but that's asking for a lot, don't you think? On top of the snow storm, it was the freaking SUPERBOWL, so of course, I had to bake some goodies. Here is my husband's favorite dip recipe: (originally passed to me from my beautiful girlfriend Shannon so I can't take the credit for inventing this) If you like Buffalo Wings, this dip is for you.

Buffalo Wing Dip
1 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 cup Marie's Blue Cheese dressing
1 (8 ounce) pkg. cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded chicken
Mix all ingredients and bake @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Serve with Frito's scoops. (They work best picking up this heavy dip without breaking)
If you bring this dip to a party I promise it will turn you into a ROCK STAR. No joke. It's fattening as hell but tastes just like a wing and it's super good. It's so easy to make too, just be sure you shred the chicken really well, it tastes much better even if it's a pain in the butt to stand there with the fork and shred it. Please let me know how you like it!!

So I just heard we are due for some more snow. I don't think I can take much more of it, how do people in Alaska do this day in and day out? It's so hard to stay motivated when it's freezing outside and all I want to do is snuggle up in front of the fireplace with my book and drink copious amounts of hot cocoa with the rest of my family. I'm trying everything I can think of to keep motivated. I actually went out and found a protein bar that doesn't taste like poison but it's a lot more fattening, of course. I'm sticking to my work outs and adding in even more little challenges throughout the day. (extra crunches, extra push ups-which I still suck at)

You would think this would be the perfect opportunity for me to get some work done on my book, however, nothing could be farther from the truth. With all of my family home, the noise level goes way up. Between the Wii and the kids and the husband and all of the demands, I'd be lucky if I have one coherent thought a day. All is not lost since I have been able to sneak in a lot of reading. Which always makes me happy.

This weekend I read: for my biography- Tony Curtis, American Prince, for my leisure, Dark Lover, JR Ward, for my faith, Finding Grace. I also pre-read any books I give to my girls so I also had the pleasure of perusing my daughter's copy of: "The Day my Butt Went Psycho, based on a true story"- which was hilarious. (I am not in the least bit ashamed to admit I sometimes prefer what my daughters are reading to what I have chosen..which kind of solidifies the theory of my inability to grow up)

Having a sister that works at the library is crucial. I would never be able to afford my book addiction if I had to purchase all of the hundreds of books I read. That having been said, nothing makes me happier then when I get a little extra spending money and I can go to Border's, get a coffee and go to town. That's my happy place.

Here's hoping I can make it through the next few weeks without gaining any weight. It would be even better if I could actually lose some. (I believe in miracles) Maybe I should go try on a bathing suit; that will kill my appetite for a month or two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment