About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 5, 2010

Biggest Loser

Why can't I get through an episode of Biggest Loser without crying my eyes out? Yet, I can't get enough of that show. I guess its because I can relate to every one of the contestants. Rationally, I know I don't weigh anywhere near 500 lbs, yet I have had struggles with weight my whole life and I can totally empathize with them. I have no business complaining about having to take off my last fifteen pounds when someone like this season's Michael says "I need to loose one whole fat guy and I'll still be a fat guy!" He has taken off 70 lbs in six weeks! That's insane.

As I sit on my couch, watching, (eating a carton of Ben & Jerry's) I decide right away Bob is my favorite trainer. I love him, he is such a sweetheart. I've been worried about him though, he looks way too thin and a little too tired this season. Someone needs to feed that boy some hot dogs, damn. Anyway, he is definitely the "good cop" wherein Jillian Michaels is the "bad". She might be possessed by the devil the way that tiny thing jumps up in a 500 lbs person's face who's been starving themselves for weeks and yells at them the way she does. She's fearless. They might decide she looks like a tasty little morsel and gobble her right up. Regardless of their methods, kudos to both trainers, for their relentless pursuit to help these people. They are making a difference in their lives forever and the viewers all get to come along for the ride.

I thought it was usually cruel last week when they made the contestants go to Subway for lunch. They are already starving, cripes! Anyone who is from the East Coast knows Subway doesn't know how to make a decent sub. Even my kids changed their slogan to say, "Subway, eat YUCK!" They put one piece of crappy meat on seriously deficient bread and add vegetables to an Italian sub, HELLO? Earth to Subway, get a grip. Whenever my best friend from CA comes to visit, the first thing we have to do is take her for a proper sub. Real Italian bread, oil and vinegar, lots of meat, cheese and yummy goodness. Ah, do you see how I easily digress when it comes to food? If I didn't exercise like a lunatic I could easily be the 500 lbs person on the ranch, picking the remaining pieces of Jillian Michaels out of my teeth with a minty flavored toothpick.

By far, my favorite part of the whole show is watching how much weight they all have lost at the end. The finale is the best. When the contestants look back at themselves and are shocked at how much weight they have taken off. It is so rewarding. I can only imagine how proud they must feel about their accomplishments. It's amazing. I'll be tuning in for sure. I'm their couch quarterback, yelling encouragement and terms of endearment to them from my cozy position on the sofa, while eating frozen treats and thanking God he invented elliptical machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment