About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Still working on my book and I suck at computers...

Those of you who know me, know how challenged I am with using the computer. I locked myself out of this blog and could only post by using something from youtube and sending it as a message.. I finally got back into my real account today! What a dork.

Anyway, I am happy to report I am still plugging along with my book (it was slower than ever during the holidays) and I have about 320 pages written so far, pre-edit. I am starting to work on the ending/conclusion now. Since I am going to be making this a series, I feel I need to work the hardest on my conclusion. Don't you just hate it when you get to the end of a book and it leaves you feeling unsatisfied? Yes, authors want there to be a reason to go out and buy book two, but I want to leave the reader with some sense of closure. Fortunately, most of my book flowed pretty nicely, up until now. I'm finding the conclusion to be my biggest challenge. Funny, I had the conclusion finished in my head way before I even started Chapter One, yet here I am stuck on producing it. I still have the general idea ready, it just needs some work.

It has been really hard trying to get the time to write. When my family is home I have a terrible time concentrating and I am continually being interrupted. If I ever get to publish this book, I will always remember the moment my youngest daughter started yelling for me to come and "wipe her butt" right when I was working on a very crucial scene. So it goes..

I will keep posting my progress (if I don't lock myself out of my blog again) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment