About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 31, 2010

So tired.

So tired. Spent the past two weeks being sick and taking care of sick kids, then trying to catch up on laundry and cleaning the house after being out of commission. My little one turned six but was too sick for her own birthday party. I had to cancel her party and move it to the next Saturday, wherein promptly at 6:00 (party time) it started snowing and we wound up having a full on blizzard. Kudos to the family who braved it all to come down here and party with us. It turned out to be a really great party after all. Birthday girl said, "I love my party, it was the best day ever!" My sister wound up sleeping over too b/c of the snow and we had so much fun!!

Unfortunately, I really haven't had the extra energy or time to work on my book. I was so tired and jacked up this week. Yesterday, I knew I had to go to Walmart so I actually got up, got dressed and was ready to leave by like 8:00 am. (I know so unlike me to be out and about that early) I got into the car and could not remember for the life of me what the heck I needed to buy. LOL I sat in my car for fifteen minutes (warming it up) and trying to remember. I still couldn't remember so I drove down the street to Bonnie's. After our usual coffee and book discussion, still couldn't remember. So I made Bon come with me and eventually SHE remembered what I told her I wanted b/c I had told her on the phone a few days before! LOL What the HELL am I gonna be like when I get old? I can't remember jack shit anymore and it's driving me crazy. Maybe it's the raging insomnia I suffer from. My sister used to tell me all the time if I didn't get enough sleep my synapsis wouldn't fire properly. (Yeah she talked to me like that for real-) I told her those bad boys hadn't been firing properly in a long, long time.

When my kids were babies I had to force myself to stay awake and pull all-nighters constantly. Because of that I have a really hard time falling asleep. My head just doesn't slow down and I lay there thinking up all of this crazy crap and all of the things I have to accomplish the next day. When I do finally fall asleep it's right before the stupid alarm goes off and I have to get up to get the girls ready for school. I've tried taking a lot of things but usually the only thing that works is I go for a while without sleep until one day I fall asleep on the couch right in the middle of folding clothes or eating dinner.

Funny thing is when I lived at home, wasn't married and didn't have any kids, I used to think I was tired. I really had no idea what tired even meant. Having kids redefines the word tired from the get go. Anyone who's ever been pregnant knows that first trimester tired is like having narcolepsy. You just randomly fall asleep where ever, whenever. The difference is, when your pregnant, you don't wake back up a few minutes later, you wake up the next day. And your still tired.

So here I sit, blogging away when I should be trying to get some work done on my book, or filling the dishwasher or figuring out what I need from the grocery store. Unfortunately, I know I won't get enough sleep tonight and my synapsis won't be firing again. Then I will just forget everything I have to do and will be right back where I started in the first place. So tired.

2 comments:

  1. yuck. i hate it when i'm sick. i hope you feel better soon. :) or at least less tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I do finally feel better. You are a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete