About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My husband...

Where do I start with My Husband; I could literally sit here and write a new post about him everyday and never run out of material. I met him on November 9th, 1996 and my life has never (and will never) be the same. This will not be a sloppy, gushy testament of my never ending love for him, or an all out bash of his character. No, this is something entirely different, just like him.

There are many days My Husband incites me to such violence I want to throw hard objects at him! Usually, I just wind up cussing him with such superior skill, I could make truck drivers and sailors blush. Then there are the many days My Husband is my anchor; instead of throwing things at him, I want to throw my arms around him and hug him with all my might and never let go. He is, if I could sum him all up in one word, a "character".

Everyone who knows my husband either loves him or hates him; I really haven't found anyone who can vacillate in between (other than me). He is embarrassing, charming, annoying, funny, outrageous, exasperating as all get out, I could go on and on.... One thing is for sure, he is NEVER boring. Each day I wake up and never know what I'm going to get.

When we meet new people, I always start out our introductions by giving them The Disclaimer: As in, "the opinions and comments of this program or (my husband) are not necessarily that of the network" (me). And I'm being serious. You can pretty much bet if you ask my husband his opinion on just about anything, it will be the exact opposite of mine. Once you get to know him, you'll realize how funny that is and you'll also realize it's not necessary to ask him his opinion on anything, it will always be given, whether you want him to or not.

However, that being said, My Husband is an awesome father. My girls are forever laughing at him and with him; they know he would do anything for them. Recently, he called off a fishing trip he really wanted to go on. Deciding instead, to stay home and bring the girls to the mall, (his least favorite place in the entire world) just because the girls really wanted to go. My oldest daughter started to cry, saying, "it's ok Daddy, you don't have to take us, you should get to spend time with your friends too." He turned to her and said "there is nothing more important to me in this world than being your Daddy and getting to spend time with you." (This is a good example of a day when I want to hug him)

What a conundrum he is! My husband can be a sexist pig, yet when I am sick, (which unfortunately, has been quite often over the years) he will cook, clean, make the beds and take care of the girls. He will even braid their hair and paint their nails. Some picture of a big "macho" man he makes, holding purple sparkly nail polish in his giant hands and hollering, "hold still or you'll smudge."

As I sit here writing this, I am laughing to myself, remembering all of the crazy projects and ideas he has put me through over the years. If I don't laugh, I might cry. He is, right now, off starting a new project to torment me with. It's his latest idea/desire to have a bathroom all to himself (a la Al Bundy). I'm calling it his "man can".

So, I will continue to post updates on "My Husband" -as long as he continues to find ways to make me fall in love with him all over again and simultaneously incite me to acts of violence...

No comments:

Post a Comment