About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to School

The girls started school again today. When I was growing up I always loathed the end of summer and the beginning of a new school year but now its even worse when my girls are no longer all mine but I must share them with their teachers. With all due respect, to todays "educators" I can't stand relinquishing control over my children to them. I will hear statements such as "mom you don't know" and "but my teacher said..." The teachers will now become the all knowing and all encompassing and I will no longer be the end all be all to their little worlds. The authority is somehow passed to these strangers who have no idea how their words will now shape the minds of my children's eager little brains. I know this sounds like the ramblings of an insane home school mother who is bitter and afraid of their children ever living life without them and I'm ok with that. Sarcasm. I wonder if that familiar trait will live on in my girls or be snuffed out by some overly ambitious, fresh out of college, teacher. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment